Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ( apart from the people I texted ) heard this rumour about what the venables monster did and who he is known as now?
I got it from someone who's mrs works in the prison service, any confirmations?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems plausible, I think i'll let my mate know he can tell his mrs she's full of ****e, he'll enjoy that...............

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
the two of them where based in Bridgend being taught when they were first in custody. THe Death penalty should come back.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
just been on the news, the poor bloke is getting death threats (the scouse mistaken for venables that is, its just karma if someone offs the real venables)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I sometimes think the Press have something to do with this frenzy.
They often make minor mistakes in reporting which lead to the morons getting their facts mixed up and passing on the information which gets distorted over the course of the discussion, leading to the wrong person being accused.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
As I recall the pair got as fair a trial as possible, which gave them a very reasonable sentence. They were then released on licence of good behaviour, which one of them has breached and has been returned to custody.
If the stories are to be believed, the accused has carried out several breaches of his licence and the main one being sexually related. This being the case, I believe it was the wrong decision to release the pair early, licence or not.
If it was my daughter Venerables had commited the offence against I would make it my personal mission to hunt him down and kill him. Liberal views have no place assisting in these "poor miguided souls" to freedom to molest anyone else's children. Rehabilitated to simply carry out another atrocity? It would be a tragedy if it was your daughter. :(

Witch hunts based on rumour on the other hand are certainly not the way forward. This poor guy has been singled out by no fault of his own, if it was the press who put him in this position they should be bending over backwards to point out the error. My personal opinion on this situation is one of the accused has been released on licence and as long as he continues to stay out of trouble he will remain free. One has been returned to custody, good.

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
There are a lot of people out there with a great deal of resources, who, given the personal inclination would deal with folk like that. Gossip and witch hunts are I agree reserved for the ill informed. Just my opinion :D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
If it was my daughter Venerables had commited the offence against I would make it my personal mission to hunt him down and kill him.
as awful as it is i agree 110%, and if i was on your jury (and i believe 99% of adults or at least parents would agree) theres no way i would say you were guilty.
this why in certain cases (like tony martin, the farmer who quite rightly shot the ******* burglars, the survivor of which was then allowed to sue him for damages on legal aid. only guilty of being a poor shot, i say) the courts are hellbent on either getting the accused to plea deal for a lighter sentence or twist the jury round and more or less tell them what to find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts