Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
that's a great buy for someone nothing to do only ride it and get an original sump plug and hope the gimmicky one down break on the way out :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
already sold.

i had a feeling it would not last long, given less nice higher miles 600s are fetching £800+

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
This 650 seems like it was a decent buy?

2001 Honda Transalp XL 650 V-Y | eBay
There has been a relative flurry of great value 650s of late. Makes you wonder why anyone would fork out more for a 600 :)
There are plenty of good 700s well below 3k too, ATs seem to be sticking, wonder if the £\€ has hampered exports, maybe favouring importing bikes from Europe or whether this type of bike segment has peaked & now slipping?

Phil

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think people want the "classic" rarer 600 for nostalgia, or the 700, as it has fuel injection, abs etc

that 650 on ebay probably went "cheap" as it's not the most attractive colour!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it comes down to personal taste

700 is quicker, more "road oriented", ABS, fuel injection, pegs are higher
650 has carbs, bigger front wheel, but maybe more tank range?

the 650 is better looking I think

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
that 650 on ebay probably went "cheap" as it's not the most attractive colour!
Hardly rare, you've been seemingly posting up at least one new 600 available for sale over the last few months. Is that all you do, search for 600s that you're NOT going to buy?

What about the silver & blue one in good nick that went for similar price recently?

which is the best 650 or 700 what would members have if they could choose?
Very much a personal choice, they feel quite different to ride.
700 is quite a bit perkier than the 650, kinda feels a bit smaller & less bulky.
After a couple of rides on a 700, I quite like them - even the looks have frown on me....!

Phil

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
all right all right calm down calm down lads things are starting to get out of hand . I think a group hug is needed . ds99 maybe if you just use one thread " nice Transalp's for sale " and include all Transalps 600's 650's and 700's and maybe other people could add links to it and all . there must be something in the air we starting to turn on each other and its not good for moral . :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts