Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That time of year, wife sat in watching the latest festive drama on TV so I headed out to the garage to spend some time with the CRF250M. I have only had it a few weeks, and am the second owner, bike just over 2 years old. The front wheel cleans up fine, but the rear has pitting on the spokes and the nipples are mostly black. I guess the previous owner never spent much cleaning the bike, but I want to be using it through the winter.

How do I clean them? WD40 and elbow grease?

How do I prevent them deteriorating when they grit the roads, coat with ACF50? Will this not fling out to the tyre?

Or do I just ride it and later on replace with stainless?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
oh thank god it was the wheel nipples I taught you were going to tell us about how you clean your wife's nipples while she was watching tv . :lol: maybe something like jizer degreaser and something with stiff bristles like a kitchen sink wash up brush ? a tooth brush might be too soft . as far as I know acf50 dries in to the metal you could use a hair drier or heat gun maybe to help it dry .

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh thank god it was the wheel nipples I taught you were going to tell us about how you clean your wife's nipples while she was watching tv . :lol: maybe something like jizer degreaser and something with stiff bristles like a kitchen sink wash up brush ? a tooth brush might be too soft . as far as I know acf50 dries in to the metal you could use a hair drier or heat gun maybe to help it dry .
I am embarrassed enough to admit I clean my bike, drying it with a hair dryer takes it to a whole new level!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
What about a soft brass brush and some WD40? Then you can suck on them from time to time until she tells you to stop. ;-)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I am embarrassed enough to admit I clean my bike, drying it with a hair dryer takes it to a whole new level!
your are very easily embarrassed . a heat gun is very macho but if you don't have one then there is nothing wrong with burning out your woman's hair drier working on your bike . handy think for rattle can paint jobs makes it quicker . I just ****ing give up are you Ronnie Pickering ? :toothy10:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your are very easily embarrassed . a heat gun is very macho but if you don't have one then there is nothing wrong with burning out your woman's hair drier working on your bike . handy think for rattle can paint jobs makes it quicker . I just ****ing give up are you Ronnie Pickering ? :toothy10:
Do you know who I am?!

Actually the hairdryer was put to use the other night to peel the max luggage load stickers off the rear fairing. I need to find my ACF50, I've been using FS365 as the former is hiding somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts