Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Direct response back from Nitron:

"Almost all of our parts are UK sourced and machined, however there are of course inevitable times where either schedule or availability becomes an issue and we have to source material from outside of the UK, working with suppliers in Europe and beyond.

However all our assembly and design is always based 100% in the UK. We believe in building British and support this as much as possible.

Hope this honest answer helps.
"

And in answer to having the shock serviced - yes of course you can take it there yourself - if you call beforehand you'll probably get shown around the assembly rooms so you can see how they build / service the shocks :thumbleft:

Thanks for the answer Stormforce8...

Nice to know they are supporting the Uk industry and buying quality materiels...

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thread updated

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
What is the suspension travel distance for the Nitron shock? I believe the standard Showa one is 210mm
It has been built to be the same so that the rear wheel travel is 210mm.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Great review, thanks.

My AT failed it's MoT in September due to a worn shock bushing and I went for a Nitron as a replacement, not realising that they then didn't do a shock for the RD07. After a lot of back and forth with my local bike shop the bike shop sent my old shock off to Nitron for them to make one up, which I'm promised is due in on Monday or Tuesday. The story behind the review helps explain the delay - essential R&D :)

Cheers,

AndyC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Any update Andy ?

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Quick update on the new Nitron 46mm shocks for the Africa Twin.

The existing stock of uprated piston rods for the Africa Twin shocks has been used (thanks to those that have ordered :thumbright: ) - a new batch is due first week February - so we can ship new orders by mid February latest.

Most popular is the NTR Pro with HPA. :D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Post no1 updated from latest test at Cowm Quarry Enduro circuit

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
I just acquired a nice Nitron rear shock for a rd07

All fits fine, but one problem i have is that the standard Honda bolt for the lower mount is to short, it only goes in a couple of threads

What are other peoples solutions to this?

I can get another bolt but it needs to be proper strength so what should it be made of?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I just acquired a nice Nitron rear shock for a rd07

All fits fine, but one problem i have is that the standard Honda bolt for the lower mount is to short, it only goes in a couple of threads

What are other peoples solutions to this?

I can get another bolt but it needs to be proper strength so what should it be made of?
Jamie

Just contact Nitron they should be able to supply the correct one

·
Island Explorer
54 Posts
Hi Jamie,

Do you often ride with a passenger? Would your shocks spring rate allow to handle a pillion plus stuff?

I just received my Nitron shock yesterday and noticed that they fitted a 525 lbs ~ 91.87 NM spring
Now seeing that you use a 130 NM spring makes we wonder if mine is really up to the job since I
Often ride with my wife and some stuff.

Bike: 2000 Honda Africa Twin Model RD07a

Rider weight: 90kg
Pillion weight: 58kg

80% riding with pillion, sometimes with panniers +/- 10kg, mostly on road and some light fire roads
20% solo riding 60% road 30% light to medium fire roads and 10% light to medium enduro single trails

I gave all the weights and riding habits to Nitron but some how now I think they didn't really read my needs or is the given spring rate alright?
It's a hassle, because I live in Taiwan, not just around the corner of Nitron and I don't enjoy installing my new shock just to find out its to weak....
Also my impression was that the person I talked to at Nitron seemed rather indifferent / detached towards my order.
Maybe I'm not really comprehending spring rates, would appreciate some advice...

Thanks and cheers, Chris

41 - 53 of 53 Posts