Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i thought id give the bike a going over today to get it ready for a ride out to Whitby tomorrow.
As the fogs had gone i went to renew the relay (water and sand mix all around it) and on conecting it and trying it i think i have blown something by wiring it in wrong :confused:.

I now have no electrics at all, iv checked all the fuses including the main 30A one and all are fine, looked on the sight and still cant find anything so im turning to all you AT gods for advice and help.

Gutted im not going to be able to make Whitby tomorrow as it is supposed to be a massive meet weather depending.

All help and advice however small appriciated.:thumbup:

Thanks guys and girls.
Barry

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Check the Battery, Has it got a full charge?
Check the terminals down to the solenoid, are they tight and clean?
Now check all the plugs and connectors are clean and correctly fitted.
Get a new main fuse and fit it, I have known a fuse to look OK but be blown, check the terminals the fuse fits are clean.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Bazza it was snowing in Whitby today so your not gonna miss much :D

Not much help I know but there ya go :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
have you now got the relay connected correctly now???

are you sure???

check the battery and fuse with a multi meter first.
i agree with stumpy sometimes fuses blow but don't show depending on how much over load was applied.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, been away for a couple of days so i will check all the fuses and turminals.

Could i of damaged the R R by wireing it up wrong.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after looking and looking and checking all the fuses again i thought it might be time to read the manual word for word not just look at the pics and the odd word.

And hepresto id been checking the spare main fuse (tit i know) not realising the fuse was covered up under the plug. (only had it 3 years).

Well problem sorted and thanks guys.:thumbup:

(Will read before posting in the future)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep all good now, just need to put it back together cos as i couldnt ride it i stripped it all down to clean grease and check the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts