Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

As this forum never ceases to amaze me, I thought I'd ask here before buying one on eBay.

I'm after a Nokia 6301. It must be this model.

These are quite old now, so have usually been superceded with an upgrade, so if you have one in a drawer gathering dust, I'm interested.
They are usually locked to Orange or o2, but that is not a problem whatever you have.

I'm looking to pay a sensible £30ish

If you have one, and are interested, please reply or PM me.

Thanks

Bob :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Have you just bought a BMW car?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
No, a Dacia Sandero!

I'm gagging to know why you asked?
I spent a bit of time in India [*] trying to get a specific 6 something Nokia for a guy that has a BMW 6 or 7 series. It seems there is a slot in the dash (bit like a vcr apparently) that you just push the phone in and it all works.

[*]India has a huge second hand phone market so it's easier to get obsolete phones.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
loads on ebay

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
If you really want to make use of UMA you'd be much better off using one of oranges versions of BB 8900 or BB9700 both of which utilise this technology better than most other devices.
Many other phones and in particular the 6301 like to be the sole UMA device on a wan and tend to trip up on public networks with more than one UMA user :thumbup:

And whilst on UMA do a fantastic impression of making you sound like a Darlek

(all the 6301 I have tested have all been flashed with the latest bios with absolutely NO marked improvement)

Oh and the bluetooth is dire....constantly disconnecting.....re conecting (and this on nokia, parrot, mazda,bmw and Audi Kits)

In all other aspects this is a great phone :rolleyes:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have one... its got a few wee scuffs on it but nuthin really bad, it was ma daughters phone... I use one they are great phones.... £30 ye say a`l sell ye it fur £35 inc post .... let me know, i have a LG500 also.. in really good condition. £60.... and a have a nokia 3220 £25 they all work perfect, I took pics of them last nite to put on ebay.... but havent got around to it yet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts