Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a dual purpose bike and truly stumbled across a 1987 Transalp. I am mechanically inclined but i don't know much about these bikes. Until the other day i didn't know they existed. I am in Ontario Canada. I am wondering about reliability and parts and what not with the age and all. It has 49,000kms on it. It looks to have been poorly painted solid tan color other than that it looks to be in fair shape.

Thanks for any help.

Josh Anderson

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Lots of other folks with far more knowledge than me will be along soon to advise you, but as Sharribee says, they just go on and on. Perhaps Mudwitz can advise on the best brand of gaffer tape to hold them all together, after the thrashing his clearly gets! Or was that Selotape?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, That is what i am seeing every where that these things are tough. It would appear i have bought a 1987 Transalp 600v. I am trying to find an online store that sells crash bars and what not. I am in canada and it would see everything comes from the europe area. (which is fine i buy stuff over seas all the time)

Thanks
Josh

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I have a '91 600v with +/- 85000km on the clock still going strong.

If I remember right the '87 model was the only one ever imported to the states, so you may find some parts there. Only problem is that they're likely to be as common as rocking horse droppings...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts