Honda XRV Forum banner

Normandy in March

10K views 95 replies 18 participants last post by  steveR 
#1 ·
I'm taking a flyer here, as I've not discussed it with my financial controller/social diary manager, but...

If I was to organise a trip to Cormolain 27th - 29th March 2009, who would be interested?

Most likely there would be some gentle off-roading involved, to say nothing of barbecues, wine, beer and cider.

#7 ·
You ought to get hold of an Africa Twin. Much more suited to the terrain!

#13 ·
Have you got any ideas of the dates and cost? Phil in France and myself are up to a trip up north.

#14 ·
Last weekend in March (dates at the start of the thread).

I can't remember what everyone paid last time (I'm rubbish with money), so I'll say 25 euros per night per room in the house and and 10 euros per person camping and hope that's roughly what I did last time.

#15 ·
Last weekend in March (dates at the start of the thread).

I can't remember what everyone paid last time (I'm rubbish with money), so I'll say 25 euros per night per room in the house and and 10 euros per person camping and hope that's roughly what I did last time.
Cool could we have the same room again like last time?:thumbup:

unless you let us use yours:D:D:blob2::blob3::hitler:

#19 ·
I've put it in the XRV calendar.

#20 ·
I'm at Jacques place tonight (for one night only). It's lovely and warm with the fire alight.

My dad and I are on on two day flying visit.

This is a great place:thumbup:

#22 ·
Slight update:

Cross overnight Thursday on LD Lines, Portsmouth to Le Havre.
Friday bumble to Cormolain. Do a bit of shopping etc.
Saturday a ride out (who knows where)
Sunday, leave reasonably early and head back to Calais on scenic roads (230 miles, six to seven hours taking it easy), cross on a quick crossing back to Dover about 6pm.

So far the room with two single beds is taken (PhilInFrance and Woblemonster), Lord and Lady Vader have the end room with the kingsize bed (no comments), Stan +1 in the central bedroom.

One or two possibles for the last remaining double bed. If I'm pushed I can move out of "my" room and sleep on the floor, freeing up another double bed.

Any more takers? I'd like to book the ferry before the end of January so we sneak in before the fares go up.

#24 ·
Not only is it a double, it also has an extra single bed in it....

#26 ·
Order results by: Price Date

£40.00

Route Depart Arrive/Duration
Newhaven to Dieppe Thu 26 Mar 09 22:30 03:30 4hr 0min
Dieppe to Newhaven Sat 28 Mar 09 21:00 23:59 3hr 59min
Terms and Conditions

£40.00

Newhaven to Dieppe Fri 27 Mar 09 09:30 14:30 4hr 0min
Dieppe to Newhaven Sun 29 Mar 09 13:30 16:30 4hr 0min
Terms and Conditions

£40.00

Newhaven to Dieppe Fri 27 Mar 09 22:30 03:30 4hr 0min
Dieppe to Newhaven Mon 30 Mar 09 05:00 10:00 6hr 0min
Terms and Conditions

Wasn't planning anything,but I'm just having a think :rolleyes: :)

#27 ·
Go on, Soho, you know you want to...

Dieppe is probably around 150 miles from my place. Arriving at 3.30am and then slogging down could be a bit of a drag.

Have you seen that LD Lines are taking the ex-Speedferries Dover - Boulogne route?

I've tried to book a Portsmouth - Le Havre crossing out and a Boulogne - Dover back, both with LD Lines, but the website won't let me. I've dropped them an email to ask why not. That combination would be my ideal - sleep on the ferry on the way over but get home at a reasonable hour on Sunday evening.

My biggest gripe with the Le Havre - Portsmouth crossing is that it arrives in Portsmouth so late that I don't get home until about 2am. A bit late to then get up at 6.30am to get to work the next day.

Having said all that the early Friday morning out and Sunday afternoon back via Dieppe doesn't look too bad.

#31 ·
There's one double bed that's yours if you're a definite.

#30 ·
At the moment there's one free (double) bed* and plenty of floor space.

Plus acres of grass if you'd rather camp.

* One possible booking (Stumpyfingers)

#36 ·
Hi Jacques
As we,ve got about 750KM/8hrs to get to yours we need to time it pretty good I.E. arriving about the same time as your self. Any chance of your full French address for sat nav and maybe a mobile no. Do we need sleeping bags or is there bedding? Looking forward to putting faces to names
Phil:blob6:

#42 ·
am very interested will book when you post derails how to book
I'm running very short of beds (there aren't any left!), but I do have plenty of floor space. To book all you have to do is book the ferry and then tell me you've done so. No money up front or anything.

#39 ·
Is this the boat you'all taking over ?

Portsmouth to Le Havre Thu 26 Mar 09 23:00 08:00 8hr 0min
Le Havre to Portsmouth Sun 29 Mar 09 16:00 20:45 5hr 45min
1 of Standard Seat £40.00

Dover Boulogne is only £25 return,and a couple of hunded miles down to Cormolain. (Could be a bit much for the KTM's ? :D:D)

#41 ·
Is this the boat you'all taking over ?

Portsmouth to Le Havre Thu 26 Mar 09 23:00 08:00 8hr 0min
That's the ferry I'll be taking over there. I've emailed LD Lines about coming back via Boulogne, because you can't opt for a different crossing back online.

The 5pm LD Lines boat back from Boulogne to Dover is only £17.50 one-way. I tried booking a one-way ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre, but it still comes out at £40.

Hopefully I'll get an answer from LD Lines tomorrow and then we can book tomorrow evening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.