Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added this onto the "Regional meet - North West England a few days ago but I'm not sure if anyone has seen it or if they have and they think it's a rubbish idea so I've started a separate thread...

Anyone fancy a ride to the North Manchester bike show on the 30th of Sept? possibly meet sometime in the morning to get a few miles in then off to the show for burgers and coffee for 2pm ish?

It'd be good to put faces to names and to talk about getting the show organisers to have a traillie or adventure class in the show next year...

(I'm not sure how serious I'm being with that last bit above, it's something that just popped into my head)

I don't have a ride in mind and am open to suggestions but we should be able to manage a decent enough mileage in the day and still make it for the last 2 or 3 hours.

Anyone up for it?

The North Manchester Custom & Classic Bike Show, Ramsbottom, Rossendale, Lancashire.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Sounds a good plan, I hadn't realised the Rossendale bike show was still on the go!
I'm up Scotland then so can't make this one, maybe next time.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
I'm up in Scotland too ;)

Will have to sort another NW ride out, been way to long :thumbright:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm up in Scotland too ;)

Will have to sort another NW ride out, been way to long :thumbright:
Never been on one what with being a newbie an' all!

Have been out for a ride with Accyimp and met Foz though, we'll try and get something together sometime

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds a good plan, I hadn't realised the Rossendale bike show was still on the go!
It's not the one that used to be in Rawtenstall, if you have a look at the current website there's something on there about why the Rawtenstall one has been binned, something to do with politics and money, I'm not sure if it's the same bunch that run this one

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
+1 if dates are good :toothy10:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
May well be up for this :thumbright:

And we need more NW ride outs :D

I am away for 1st 3weeks of September so will be radio silent but will check this thread on return:thumbright::D

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1 if dates are good :toothy10:
Excellent Neil

May well be up for this :thumbright:

And we need more NW ride outs :D

I am away for 1st 3weeks of September so will be radio silent but will check this thread on return:thumbright::D
Great Frad, it's defo going to happen even if I do it on my own!

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump!

It's one week to go now, anyone coming for sure or am I Billy no mates? (!)

Weather forecast is pants this week so fingers crossed for better weather at the weekend, if anyone does come I've no idea where to go for a ride, I suppose it'd depend on where you were coming from so if anyone does want to hook up then I suppose now is the time to start talking about it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
date good, shall see what the weather does. Dont mind cold, but wet through, not if i can help it.

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
date good, shall see what the weather does. Dont mind cold, but wet through, not if i can help it.
Okilidokili Neil fingers crossed for better weather.

I have to go whatever the weather seeing as its me that has put the ride forward and I'll still be going to the show even if no-one else is going but if I am on mi tod I'll just go straight there from home.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Bolty, Sorry can't attend as I'm elsewhere.
Are you going to the Xmas soiree at Jellies, last w/end in November ?

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Bolty, Sorry can't attend as I'm elsewhere.
Are you going to the Xmas soiree at Jellies, last w/end in November ?
No problem Stubbsie

Pray tell, what is this Jellies you speak of?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Allan

Jellies is an excellent cafe run by one of the forum members - look at the XRV Xmas thread or better still get yerself down there on 23/24/25th Nov

Great cafe, great food, great staff, great location - we usually camp opposite and we're in the heart of the Peaks

Wardlow Mires A623 between Buxton and Bakewell

Cafe is actually called "The Yonderman"

Was called Jellies for a while

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
would love a ride out but busy next 2 weekends after that im free,
Then lets get it on Ian, I generally have Sundays and Mondays off although the weekend after this one I'm working a ten day stretch to cover someone's holiday but again usually have those days off.

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Allan

Jellies is an excellent cafe run by one of the forum members - look at the XRV Xmas thread or better still get yerself down there on 23/24/25th Nov

Great cafe, great food, great staff, great location - we usually camp opposite and we're in the heart of the Peaks

Wardlow Mires A623 between Buxton and Bakewell

Cafe is actually called "The Yonderman"

Was called Jellies for a while
Hmm, camping in November? that doesn't appeal at all but a meet up does, I would defo not be able to do the whole weekend but I may be up for a ride out, I'll have a look on the calendar and maybe get over early enough to do breakfast and a ride if that would be allowed seeing as I wouldn't have taken part in the beer n' bonding the night before!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

Bolty,

This is what Jellies is all about, proper home cooked food, mixed with fab ambience, friendly folk & fab scenery.

I did a ride report titled Lunch at Jellies Cafe, complete with some pics, have a look.

The Yonderman Cafe A 623 Wardlow Mires Buxton SK17 8RW, take a ride over there, you'll not be disappointed.

I agree with PaulS's comments.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Bump!

It's one week to go now, anyone coming for sure or am I Billy no mates? (!)

Weather forecast is pants this week so fingers crossed for better weather at the weekend, if anyone does come I've no idea where to go for a ride, I suppose it'd depend on where you were coming from so if anyone does want to hook up then I suppose now is the time to start talking about it.
I would have loved a runout after being screwed on both the Ullapool bash and Plan B, a trip to Austria this Sunday... :( Trouble is, we are coming from opposite directions!

Wouldn't mind a runout on a Monday sometime if you are free as I never ridden oop there in the NW apart from trail riding in the Dales before it got all difficult, many years ago ;) Not much trailie stuff now though as the Vara is a wee bit of a lardy girl!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts