Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've decided that the easiest way to do my recent tour trip write up is going to be in the form of a blog.

That way it's going to be more easily readable than by inserting a few random images on here.

So, to date I've managed to write up the first half of the journey covering North Wales down to the Pyrenees and then along to Calella in Spain.
I'll make a start tomorrow on the return journey. It also includes a link to my Strava record of the route taken although I don't have the first couple of days of the route as the APP I was using kept crashing!

The web address for the blog is: https://batmancaver.wordpress.com

Happy reading :p

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ta for this - reading it now

One correction "I stopped at Juno Beach by a memorial Chieftan tank that had never reached French soil " Did you mean Sherman DD ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just in case anyone actually IS reading my blog of my trip ...

I have finished writing it all up.
A lot of it was done from memory so that I've got a record of the trip and I'm probably going to get a VistaPrint type memory book printed with a load of photographs.
It really was a great trip and all I can say to anyone tempted to go out exploring foreign roads is to DO IT!!

Don't sit there dreaming of it ... Live the dream!

What I would recommend for anyone who isn't as adventurous as me - IF you don't want to camp, if you don't want to bevy out in a car park or any of that then make sure you plan your routes with a known point of accommodation at the end of the day.
My only regret is that with the long miles I did, the search for campsites in the dark and not seeing what the roads were really like in the dark I know I've missed seeing some good, if not great, sections.

However, that just gives me something to look forward to next time and there IS going to be a next time!

Hope you like what I've wrote and if you spot any errors, please let me know ... I won't cry over them - much!
:happy7: :happy7:

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
[h=2]The Following User Says Thank You AGAIN to Batmancaver For This Useful Post:[/h]
©-© (20-11-16)​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great to read your Blog! I know this part of Spain, Malgrat De Mar to be more specific (just east of Calella), and plan a journey down there at some point.. new to this touring thing so your Blog is a great help. I will be studying your GPX to find some of these roads as they sound great!
Thanks again and well done on a great account of your adventures...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts