Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos up for a run out between Christmas and New Year ???

Dont care where dont care when just want to ride somewhere :D

But preferably not up and down the M56 :grin::grin:

·
Crumbs, Chief !
168 Posts
I'm up for it depending on date. Can't do 27th-29th but apart from that probably OK.:thumbleft:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont mind the date but the Mrs is workin on the 30th so that might fit in for me :confused: :thumbup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why not,

I've got a mate who passed his test on monday, had already been out and bought a 990 superduke a few weeks ago, could be a good laugh.

:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be a shame not too :rolleyes:

How about the lakes - but that would involve motorway, or Wales :thumb:
V is working, bless her :rolleyes:

Phil

So is Catherine ;) we are lucky lads hey Phil :D

Just hope she buys me something nice for Christmas too :toothy2:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I dont mind the date but the Mrs is workin on the 30th so that might fit in for me :confused: :thumbup:
I'm out mountain biking on 30th so can't do that day

·
2,701 Posts
I could be up for this, . . . how about the Salter Fell, Hawes, Settle loop ? . . . nice long easy hardpack trails, . . . interesting road bits between lanes. Can be done on road tyres. :cool:

The route we did with Frad on his first off road trip on the Transalp.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could be up for this, . . . how about the Salter Fell, Hawes, Settle loop ? . . . nice long easy hardpack trails, . . . interesting road bits between lanes. Can be done on road tyres. :cool:

The route we did with Frad on his first off road trip on the Transalp.

Sounds like a plan to me Len :thumbright:

the weather looks like it may be the same too :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok date is the 30th and on the list as interested are:

Airwolf
Pigugly
XT6
Axe
Iannic
and Me

anyone else?

Hudders, DC :confused:

Salter Fell sounds good to me :thumbright: whats the status of the snow up in t'hills :D:D:D for anyone not done it before its quite a simple track with one steepish bit but taken steady and with a push its ok.

I did it a couple of years ago on bald deathwings !!!

Those listed still up for it ??? If so J31 M6 Tickled Trout would be proposed meeting point.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
If there's been a Good thaw by the 30th it will be fine, but I was up that way in the Shogun today and passed several cars struggling up gentle hills in fresh snow about 6" deep. In fact anything but 4x4 was finding it hard. Snow worst near Chipping and not quite so bad at slaidburn.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
I would love to come along, but working so cant. :(

Have fun.... AND TAKE IT STEADY!!!! Goes without saying I know. But I thought Id hit the trails today after the recent thaw. The main roads were fine, but turning off the main road near Mold (North Wales) I was greeted to a polce car blocking the way. He let me continue as I was turning off just after his car, but there was a car on its roof blocking the other road, must have lost it on the ice.

I set off up the hill and slid all over the place on the sheet of ice for the first 500 meters. Then got to the trail. Went 200 meters along it, parked the bike. Walked another 200 meters and decided to turn round. Ice all over the place....and it was made even worse as the thaw meant there was standing water on top of the ice so it wasnt always visible. Getting back down the road was NOT FUN!!!!!

A quick detour to the next trail. Took one look and turned round and came home. I for one wont be doing any trails until the thaw is well and truely over.

Any side roads in the sticks that have not been treated are not worth risking riding on!!!!!!

Take care, and have fun.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Took one look and turned round and came home. I for one wont be doing any trails until the thaw is well and truely over
You sure you're ok mate, this is completely out of character for you.......or was it just not dangerous enough for you :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts