Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this bag of sh*t and got it too work with windows7, if you are buying a new computer avoid it like the plague, i have now installed it 4 times on my new laptop and every time it updates it stops working and you cannot open the pogram again to sort it out, now going back too free AVG and zone alarm and gonna take it back too Pc world and tell em where they can stuff it
merv

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've not used Norton but have used AVG. The new AVG 9 has some issues with creating files on root directories of the PC it's on and also any connected hard and flash drives which can cause data loss when external drives are disconnected. A lot of AVG users are stopping using it. I haven't got the link handy but if you go on the AVG forum you should find it. I'm currently trying Avira (free) but it has an annoying pop up. Also been recommended Avast but not tried yet. I used to pay for MacAfee but I started having probs with that. Anyone else any recommendations?:confused:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I had 360 on my laptop and net book, it worked.
Why do you think I got an I-Mac?

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
As a company we steared away from Norton & Symantec a while ago as it got more and more resource hungry, We currently use Kaspersky and will probably subscribe for a third year :thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Why do you think I got an I-Mac
Why? because whats most important to a Mac user is ......colour co-ordination and spending more than they have too for less functionality:mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Why? because whats most important to a Mac user is ......colour co-ordination and spending more than they have too for less functionality:mrgreen::mrgreen:
The main use of this computer is surfing the WWW. I do not need or want it to take five minutes thinking about is it or isn't it a threat.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Microsoft do a free anti virus now... as long as you have a legal copy of windows :rolleyes:

Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

That's just asking for trouble. Really. :D

Microsoft who famously tried to get a network security rating for a machine that wasn't actually connected to anything.

MS Droid - "See, it's secure. No one can hack into this machine."

Real person - "Yes, but that's because it isn't connected to anything............."

And this was before wireless, in case anyone asks.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

L

·
0 Posts
Norton360 works fine with all current windows, but as I'm one of thier beta testers I've gotta say that ;)

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
The main use of this computer is surfing the WWW. I do not need or want it to take five minutes thinking about is it or isn't it a threat.
You're obviously not using it right if its taking that long:rolleyes: anyway I refuse to get into yet another Mac - Pc debate :D

Norton360 works fine with all current windows, but as I'm one of thier beta testers I've gotta say that ;)
Yep it works fine, but wants all your system resources to to it :confused:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
You're obviously not using it right if its taking that long:rolleyes: anyway I refuse to get into yet another Mac - Pc debate :

Yep it works fine, but wants all your system resources to to it :confused:
I use both but Norton does seem to be power hungry and slows the computer to a crawl, My mate has Norton on his mac and it slows that down as well.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I use PC-Cillin internet security suite from Trend Micro.

Works ok on win 7.

I've used various versions of it for last 6 years. Had a few problems with it along the way, but usually gets sorted quite quickly by the next scan engine update.

You also get 3 activations so can be put on 3 pcs simultaneously.

Got it on my win 7 desky, my xp desky and my girlfriends Vista lappy.
No viruses/trojans to date.

Having said that though, the free ones (AVG, AVAST etc), combined with Zone Alarm (amazing software frankly) or similar do as good, if not better, for nowt.

I always put them on pc's i clean/disinfect for other people after they let the free trial software lapse for a year or so:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Norton has actually been getting some really good reviews recently.
They seem to have reformed themselves.

They languished for some years as they software got big and bloaty but a year or so ago they turned that round.
I think their detection rate is also one of the best.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Norton has actually been getting some really good reviews recently.
They seem to have reformed themselves.

They languished for some years as they software got big and bloaty but a year or so ago they turned that round.
I think their detection rate is also one of the best.
I do like Norton but as said it uses up a lot of system resource add that to Vista and the computer was slower than an abacus, the new 2010 version seems OK on Win 7 and XP.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have returned the bag of crap too them now,it deffo did not do windows 7 any good in my case
merv

1 - 18 of 18 Posts