Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching the Hairy bikers in Norway, BBC 2 , looks amazing.

Rick

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well worth a trip looks stunning!

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts
Cor absolutely tremendous, looks like a trip waiting to happen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I was thinking the same thing last night, bloody bootiful! :thumbright:

Andy.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Oh missed this. Will try the beeb iplayer thingy and play catch up!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Yep, even though I do get a bit fed up at times with Si and Dave's panto style repartee, but I'll put up with it for the content.

Stunning scenery last night, SWMBO has informed me "I want to go to Norway, but not on a bike with those hairpins", so I am halfway there... :)

They were very impressed with the whole trip which really came across in the programme.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Cor absolutely tremendous, looks like a trip waiting to happen.
Yep, but oh my dears, the COST!! Take your own beer looks a must ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yep, but oh my dears, the COST!! Take your own beer looks a must ;)
:cool:

You are not joking, I use to go once a year when the Newcastle ferry was on and the price is horrendous but as I do not drink it was alright :D Do not let that put you off going at least once as it is a truly astounding place as is the whole of Scandinavia and those bends are worth seeing. The tunnels and there are quite a few and some quite long are another thing to take onboard, but do not drink and ride as the police uphold a strict drink drive policy, I always allowed cash for tolls and ferries as to get any distance you will encounter lots of ferry crossings GREAT PLACE INDEED.

BIG D

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Will tour Norway again, in june. will post pictures an report afterwards.
Norway is Outstanding when it comes to scenery and twisty roads.
A tad expensive, compared to Sweden, and a lot expensive versus GB.

You are right, stay of the booze, and keep speed limits when in Norway.

Speed tickets are EXPENSIVE! (Finland is even more expensive, The record some years ago were 250 000 Euro and it's based on your income.)

Personally I think alcohol and driving should never ever be mixed, and it will be expensive or even render you some extra time spendt in Norway with food, clothes, and single room paid by the Norwegian Authorities. You can even get jailed for speeding, and the law just love using their radar guns in them small villages trying to catch speeding Motorcyclists.

It's an expensive country, but stay out of the hotels and restaurants, use Youth Hostels or Hytte/rooms and buy food at the supermarkets and cook it yourself.
Oslo is even more expensive than the rest.

Motorcycles are so expensive that it's silly! That's why You can find old Honda/Kaw/Suz/Yam from the seventies and eighties in almost pristine condition in Norway, cause the Norwegians usually take very good care of their bikes. Then again, a lot of rich people in Norway, and cheap loans.
I have never seen so many Harley Davidson CVO models as in Norway, and I know the usually costs 40 000-48 000 Euro in Sweden, and I do not dare to think how much they would set you back in Norway. I saw several groups of them riding around in Norway last summer.

Yes, Norway is a place I would recomend to any rider out there looking for fantastic scenery and great roads.

Jst stay out of the way for "The man with a white van" allthough in Norway they are "The man with a blinged up, and with 20" cromed billet rims and chipped engine, driving like a maniac, van" :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts