Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings chaps, I have found an Ohlins TTX 44 Mk 2 from a Husaberg supermoto for sale and was wondering if it can be modified to fit my dommie project.
All I can find out is that its 4.5 cm shorter than the dommie mono between the bolt holes.
This will obviously reduce the ride hight which is fine,(me being a short arse):D
Anyone used or know this Ohlins unit?

·
Registered
942 Posts
greetings scouse dude , don't know anything about that shock but you do know a shock that's 45mm shorter wont lower seat height by 45mm ,more like 3 times that,
the wilbers shock I had on my tracker thing was 15mm shorter than stock , which lowered the back end about 45mm,
i'm sure you realise this but just in case :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Duh!:clown::clown::clown:

I was thinking I could fabricate some kinda linkage extender (possibly adjustable) or even strip it down and turn a new damper rod and fitting on a lathe.:rolleyes:
My old dad was a toolmaker in AC Delco and he would do this type of job for me when he was on night shift.
It usually cost me a bottle of Bells whisky and a night down the local boozer.
I reckon it could be done and with it being Ohlin innards, could be worth a try if its cheap enough.
I have the dosh for the Wilbers but I was thinking outside the box as its going to be a loooooong winter:cussing::cussing::cussing:
Take my mind off all this christmas b*****cks. (Only 34 more shopping days to go):lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts