Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. using your computer!

If you've not tried it before skype.com is where you get the application. Install it and you can chat to people around the world as if you were on the phone, and it's free.

Skype have an offer on at the moment, which I've been using quite a bit. Buy £10 of credit (wait 3 days) and you get free calls to UK landlines for the next 6 months using skype.

If anyone gives it a go my skype name is ciemon

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a bumb question at all :)

On the internet.. yes, skype to skype. But I can ring any landline number, they don't need skype. Actually I ordered from David Silver spares using it, and I just spoke with Scottoiler too.

Of course, it's great for chatting with your biker mates too!

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
Aldi are selling skype phones at the moment.... not sure how much.... Im just putting my bike gear on and heading over to the Hinckley bike shop... I will drop by Aldis on the way back...

free for six months.... pays for the price of the phone... hehe

·
Registered
871 Posts
I am wityh Tiscali and i pay £19.95 a month for 2mb broadband and free local and national calls.

They have just written and told me that next year this will also include my line rental which at the moment is about £10.80 a month.

I think that is an incredible deal. £19.95 for all telecom, line rental and broadband internet with no limits. So all i have to pay for is international calls. At the moment i use Telediscount for these as they are very cheap, less than Skype and the quality is far better. I have used Skype for years not bad.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I have been using skype for a while it is ideal to talk to my parents(in spain) my brother(in germany) and my in-laws(in South Africa)
Nice thing is we have a webcam hooked up so we actually can see each other :lol:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair points Shep, I'm on the brink of going to NTL for my services.

One of the other benefits of skype is the ability to make phone calls from work, or cybercafe, or even wireless hotspot. They've even ported it to the Windows PDA's. Very cool.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I'm on the brink of going to NTL for my services
Nooooooo! The words service and NTL cannot be in the same sentence. Trust me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts