Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't put all 3 kids in the bath at the same time... you can't handle it!

(especially when you're in a hurry cos you want to watch star wars on the telly):rolleyes:

How do kids KNOW when you're in a hurry? & why do they then play up?:confused:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
don't put all 3 kids in the bath at the same time... you can't handle it!

(especially when you're in a hurry cos you want to watch star wars on the telly):rolleyes:

How do kids KNOW when you're in a hurry? & why do they then play up?:confused:

You could always have drowned them, then you wouldn't have the problem anymore:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
record the program and strangle the kids.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
3 kids??

doddle!

Try a 7 year old who wants to practice his swimming.
His 5 year old brother who completely lacks the compassion gene and thinks drowning him is acceptable,as well as hitting him over the head with whatever comes to hand if he becomes challenged.
Their 2 1/2 year old sister who finds trying to drown her one year old brother the most amusing thing ever!
And finally the one year old who has no fear of anything and wants to stand in the bath and dive in to the bubbles at the tap end with the obvious consequencies!

3?? I'll swap that number any bathtime, I remember the wonderful days of 3, I remember the blissful days of 2, and then I remember the exsiquite days of just me and a single baby which when done was handed to mum and I just got to lay and relax while she billed and coo'ed over rubbing him all over with the lavender body lotion and taking him away for his bottle and bed and there was a glass of wine delivered to me with a naked mrs while I topped up the hot water..............................bugger, that's how we ended up with 2.

whatever you do mate 3 IS enough whatever she says.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My daughter works in Frenchy hospital in burns and plastics peadeatric ward,the latest storys involving children and baths,twins 18 months and 3 year old,mother leaves them to answer phone,bath plug is knocked out so 3 year old puts it back in and gets out of bath to turn tap on to refill bath,but only turns the hot on, my daughter says it will be years before they walk again if ever.A father tells his 10 year old to take a bath,father runs the bath and leaves him,the boy has his first and only fit and falls face first into the bath,he`s learning how walk and talk again it could be years.
The horror storys she tells us of sheer stupidity and simply just looking in the wrong direction for a second are unbelieveable.
Bath time for children is when a disaster can happen never leave them alone.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Bath time for children is when a disaster can happen never leave them alone.
Yeah but....

There are hundreds of parents who left their kids for a moment or two in the bath - to answer the phone or whatever- who never had any of this.

There is such a thing as bad luck.

Teach them to swim, teach them the hot and cold taps. Don't set your water temperature so high that the hot water can burn. These are alternatives.

Mind you, I never let my kids out of my sight. Now my son is 14 and has quick hand shandy three times day I am getting a bit fed up watching him all the time

But at least he safe.:D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
. Now my son is 14 and has quick hand shandy three times day I am getting a bit fed up watching him all the time
:D

Dude?????

I keep frightening the wife,reminding her we have 3 boys and how much tissue she will have to recover from their bedrooms in a few years.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Dude?????

I keep frightening the wife,reminding her we have 3 boys and how much tissue she will have to recover from their bedrooms in a few years.
Boy O' Boy ! as long as she does'nt use it after, to wipe the dribble from your mouth, you'll be fine :confused:, the sunny days on the bye ways of Northants will be a distant memory and the Saucy Sausage will be the jar of Frankfurters in the fridge, don't you just love growing old :(

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but....

There are hundreds of parents who left their kids for a moment or two in the bath - to answer the phone or whatever- who never had any of this.

There is such a thing as bad luck.

Teach them to swim, teach them the hot and cold taps. Don't set your water temperature so high that the hot water can burn. These are alternatives.

Mind you, I never let my kids out of my sight. :D

Yup.

I'm prepared to bet that theres a lot more kids killed or maimed crossing the road than in the bath. I think that domestic accidents are no1 cause of trauma to kids. The whole "home" thing is a death trap.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
When I was younger I had a fight with my cousin, he said something that annoyed me so I hit him, I was holding a shovel at the time.
At least he got to see the fish pond close up.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
My youngest is affectionately known in these parts as ''Fish''. This is because of her penchant to get in the bath, put her head under water , and not come up for what seems like hours!!!!
From the very first time she was put in a bath she's done this. Not only baths; pools, puddles, lakes, ponds, the rainwater barrel outside the kitchen!!! If there's water, she'll stick her head in it!!

I cant describe the horror of going into the bathroom to check on her, only to be confronted by her lying fully stretched out, face down in the bath, not moving a muscle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time 50th time of happening, you start to get used to it !!!!!!

She did the same thing to the lifeguards on her first proper swimming lesson - she got bored listening to the blah blah from the instructor at the edge of the pool, so she dropped to the bottom and just sat there!!!

Oh how we laughed :)

9 years on, we're only just kinda getting used to it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts