Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have this excellent facility in North Norfolk and after finally getting together tonite, I thought we might see if there is any interest in a weekend in Norfolk. Mentioned camping at a local pub but this is an altogether better offering, camping available, tipis if you fancy or the bunkhouse - 13 pppn or
6person room for 80 etc.

Check it out - even a possible option for the NATIONAL. (and its got wifi!) Self contained building for £250/wkend peak season hosts 19 in 4 rooms

Deepdale Backpackers Hostel, Deepdale Farm, Burnham Deepdale, north Norfolk coast, England

Loads of coastline rides, lanes, fords, medieval villages, monastery, pubs, chippys, cafes, bike meets etc etc.....just no hills.

Green lanes we can look at too - Jac's can maybe offer more info on that. Just remembered, the owners also own al the land out the back with quite a farm lanes etc so room to play im sure.

Maybe a small meet prior to the Xmas meet...and in more comfort.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Any dates in mind?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I'm up for a reccie

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love North Norfolk so could be interested just depends on the date.

I already know a good few routes but all of them are on the black stuff

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can do Oct2/3 and maybe head up Fri after work.

Otherwise I've only got 16/17th that'd be my 2nd choice.

I only know the Tarmac stuff too so maybe someone can look at the peddars way or other Coastal greenlanes.

Pub, food, cafes etc all sorted. In fact there's soo much round here you could easily spend the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I could do 2/3 October.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right - need some confirmations to booksomething...names so far:

Me
Whealie

possibles
Jacqueslemac

work in progress -sending email to any I can.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for including me on the email dist. unfortunately I am at sea until the end of November - still not all bad, 35 degrees out here :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Count me as a possible - keen, but not yet certain i can make it.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
I can't do 2nd/3rd October and the weekend of the 16th/17th is the Stafford Classic Bike Show.

Still keen to make it if it ends up on a different weekend, however.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Cheers Farky, great idea and much better than a pub garden....especially when we have campsites like Deepdale on our door step, not to mention:

The Dower House Touring Park - camping, caravanning in Thetford Forest, Norfolk (Pub and Swimming pool on site)
Forest Camping - The ideal family caravan and campsite (Some amazing local places to see)
Cliff House Camping and Caravan Park : Caravan Parks, Camp Sites Suffolk Heritage Coast (Great cafe for breakfast down the road, pub on site)

Not too keen on the idea of the bunk house / hostel but if others are happy camping then it sounds good to us, please put the ECA down as a definatley possible ;)

It would be nice to get as many East Anglian regional XRV members along as is feasible, if that's also your line of thought then...

You may wish to invite:

View Profile: Smokey Dan
View Profile: twntechservices
View Profile: anton88 & some of the other Colchester lads??

Not sure on the capacity of Deepdale for a national, I always remember it being a small site thought they may be using the field at the back that can be seen on Google maps... the recent reviews on UK campsite seem to suggest 85 pitches plus so I may be wrong and it could well be ideal!!

Anyone any plans to bring partners, wives, girlfriends, pets ;) ???

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Dower House Touring Park - camping, caravanning in Thetford Forest, Norfolk (Pub and Swimming pool on site)

This place is around the corner form me - very private secluded area in the forest - any idea what they are like for groups - can see no exclusions.

Like this as a better Norfolk alternative to the Brancaster one as its got better camping and groups no issue. Just not much ameneties off site - but who needs them with pub and drowning pool!

We gotta do a recce of this place!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
2 stroke cloud creator
69 Posts
Cheers for putting my name forward, ECA :rolleyes:

If it's on the 2/3 I'll have to bail as it's the Copdock Bike Show that weekend and I'm showing the big ZED :cool:

Other than that I should be ok...although after crushing the throttle cable during the off road section of the national, I'm waiting for the new one to be delivered.
Hopefully it won't take long.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not many available in October for this by the look of it - hardly suprising with late notice...lets look at another date....Nov has the Xmas meet at Jellys so Dec or Jan sounds best...anyone fancy a Jan nite with frosty morning?

Think we can use the rideouts to drop in and introduce ourselves if required...few local places to consider and check for possible national/regional events....get a catalogue of venues together for as and when.

Think we should at least have a regional meet in 2011. I like that one at the Dower House, close to Thetford and the Coast runs. South coast ones we can check too.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
I'm happy with all that, Farky.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tuesday evening run to Pub in Brancaster anyone? Weather looking a bit like last, do you think they'd let us in somewhere or will the chippy in Wells do?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tuesday evening run to Pub in Brancaster anyone? Weather looking a bit like last, do you think they'd let us in somewhere or will the chippy in Wells do?
Count me in.

According to Met Office: 'Mainly dry with bright spells on Tuesday'.

Of course they'd let us in.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just us 3 tomorrow nite.
Fruit Loop
alO49
Farky

Al, where about are you in the county so we can plan the route?

Destination Brancaster Staithe. Some pub that let's us in.

Depart IRO 6pm at Norwich. Tbc

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok

alO49 also in and coming from Lowestoft so proposed route:

Acle at 6.15
Wroxham; Aylesham; Saxthorpe; Holt; Blakeney; Wells.

That's about an hours ride so if the weathers on our side we should get to the coast with a bit of light.

Maybe finish at Cromer if the ride homes a bit far for al.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts