Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we're getting closer now, do we have an idea of numbers we can expect?
I think it will be down on last year as it's further away for most people.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I am not so sure about that:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I booked for 55 pitches,Calendar says 63 plus "Friends" and i know some people are booked into the Hotel:D:thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
I am not so sure about that:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I booked for 55 pitches,Calendar says 63 plus "Friends" and i know some people are booked into the Hotel:D:thumbup:

so that more than last year if they all turn up:cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Back off hols folks so perhaps we need to start firming up things - I need to know for T-Shirts too. Give me a day to settle back in again and I take action.

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
I see that we're up to 71 in the calendar now, and with only 4 weeks to go, is there anything we need to be doing/organising?

I assume with 71 coming, we'll have to make sure the campers set their tents up appropriately - not all over the shop with huge gaps?

Well, apart from me booking my Steam Racket crossing, anyway :D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I have been unable to get hold of Robster recently. I assume he is off on hols somewhere.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I have been unable to get hold of Robster recently. I assume he is off on hols somewhere.
Yes, he is in sunnier climes, but will be back on Monday 18th August :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Right, the T-shirts are moving on. The printers are saying they can do a 5-screen print, which will look fine or a 7screen print , which will look much better.

I'm tempted to go for the better quality version, even though it cuts down the margin.

This is what they said:
Please find your quote below. I have quoted on 5 and 7 colour prints as
although your tops will look fine in 5 colours, if you add 2 tones and make
it 7 colour, your print will look a lot better, but the choice is yours.

Screen fees per colour @ £25 (you will have either 5 or 7 of these)
1x Artwork fee @ £25

50x Guildan black t-shirts with a 5 colour print in 1 position @ £5.95 each
50x Guildan black t-shirts with a 7 colour print in 1 position @ £6.45 each

All prices are subject to vat and carriage at cost.
Orders are placed on a pro-forma basis.
Lead-time is approx 2 weeks from receipt of order, artwork and payment.
My maths means that even going down the most expensive option, selling them at £15 would mean I'd need to sell 35 to break even and would make £225 by selling all 50.

If all 70-odd who say they are coming order at least one shirt, we'll have even better margins and make more money. But we sold just short of 50 last time round so I think that is reasonable.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
I'd always say go with the best print you can afford. £15 is reasonable for a custom T shirt...I'm sure at even £17.50 we'd still sell the lot and have "back -orders" for more after the event.

Potentially too late to fanny around with, but what about 2 versions? One "Cheapo" with the single print on the front and a "Deluxe" with the Chest, sleeve and back print?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
keep it simple and keep it at a price I can collect easily in cash when we're there.

Also, if you take say 20 orders away (for those wanting the deluxe) then the unit price of everything goes up.

I think we all agreed one T-shirt nice and simple, retailing at a price that is easy to sell and does not involve me having to carry round pockets full of change.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I thought we already had the design tied down - as per below::confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Small Design on front left breast, large design on rear, and forum address on left sleeve - :blob7: :blob8: :thumbright:

Personally I'm not a big fan of the single image on the front - and I would have thought this original design from Robster would go down better even at a slightly higher cost.........c'mon Whealie - get with the program :sign5:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Nope, wrong. After some discussion, on 9 July we decided single logo on the front.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Nope, wrong. After some discussion, on 9 July we decided single logo on the front.
:sign5::sign5: that wasn't a discussion.........no-one apart from Chad replied.............:D :D :rolleyes:

Chris - exactly how much extra are we talking about to go with Robsters original design?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
:sign5::sign5: that wasn't a discussion.........no-one apart from Chad replied.............:D :D :rolleyes:

Chris - exactly how much extra are we talking about to go with Robsters original design?
At this late stage we'd be pushing it to do much more. The opportunity to comment was there for everyone in July.

I can get prices but it will mean selling them at £20 to round up the numbers.

It will also mean the big logo on the back which is just not how any other commercial T-shirt seller does it - for good reason. The best bit of my Longest Day T-shirt is hardly ever seen by anyone because I have a jacket on or I am sitting down with a chair back against it. That is why T-shirt sellers such as Philosophy Football and others all put the main logo on the front.

Even to add the sleeve print will simply eat into profits. We won't sell more shirts because of it just make less money.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
It will also mean the big logo on the back which is just not how any other commercial T-shirt seller does it
Actually that's way off the mark...it's quite the opposite infact. Most "brand" T Shirts are laid out with a small logo to the chest and a large back print, pretty much EVERY Band Tour T Shirt I've ever seen or owned (and thats a lot) are laid out similarly. Small logo to the front, large design and dates on the back.

The design was "designed" with that in mind, and was never intended as a chest print. I'm not at all convinced it works that way round, but just got too much other stuff going on to enter into the arguement about it. I'd not seen the July discussion until yesterday otherwise I'd have stuck my oar in earlier. To be fair Chris, you saying that's what you want and Chad agreeing doesn't really constitute a democratic agreement!

I'd much rather see it in the original format, or as I said before maybe there are 2 versions on offer so everybody's happy...though I know it's very much 11th hour on this stuff now. I'm not sure that fact that profits are going to drop is a good arguement either, and even if they did sell for £20 I'm certain we'd still sell just as many. I'd rather pay more for what I condsider a good T Shirt than £5 less for a mediocre one.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I think Annette asked somebody to do the Shirts. I offered.

I gave everyone a chance to comment on the design and in July said I'd do a front only one. Even then nobody raised an objection, so to raise it now and suggest I have been anything other than totally open about is a bit rich. I told you by email, Robster, that we were going for a simple front-only logo about a month ago. And now, with less than three weeks to get them done and two week lead time you are objecting.

I have now got quotes done. I am laying out the cash myself and collecting it at the meet, which is why is must be a simple amounts in round fivers.

And every band gig T-shirt I own and every T-shirt advertised in every magazine I look has the logo on the front and either nothing or tour dates, or, in the case of Philosophy Football, the name and number only, on the back. The clever bit, the bit you want people to read is always on the front.

But if someone wants to organise and pay for the T-shirts and get it done differently, I am not going to get prickly about it. I can give you the contact of the supplier I am planning to use (they did the last year's shirts and the embroidered stuff). just let me know.

I suggest we go as planned this year and start consultation now on next year's designs. Perhaps people could comment before the final month's preparations next time.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i commented:clown::clown::clown::clown:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts