Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old instructor happened to mention he's planning a trip to germany in april, 5 - 6 days staying in Ruedesheim, since the 'ring' is an hour away it would be rude not too!
I reckon 2 up fully loaded around the ring on a grubby transalp is not such a good look considering there will be all sorts of performance stuff going on, i was considering finding a nice spot to stop for a pic-nic on the way round .lol
So im told he's got 15 bikes 'not yet confirmed' but he's sorting accomodation and ferry / euro tunnel stuff.

Is it ok to tootle round without being knocked flying by nutters in hyper sport cars / bikes cos i've no intention in going fast, i just want to say i been round!

Looking forward to it, anyone else on here done the Nurburgring ?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Oh Ruedesheim is soooo cool.I grew up just down the road from there.
Just make sure you visit the Torture Museum in town,ride up to the Nieder Wald Denkmal to enjoy the views.Ride Downriver on the right hand site to the Loreley and go to the top there.If you got enough time try to ride up the "Whisper Valley" and maybe visit the Rheinfels Castle:thumbup::thumbup::D
Anymore info you need just let me know.:thumbup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Ruedesheim is soooo cool.I grew up just down the road from there.
Just make sure you visit the Torture Museum in town,ride up to the Nieder Wald Denkmal to enjoy the views.Ride Downriver on the right hand site to the Loreley and go to the top there.If you got enough time try to ride up the "Whisper Valley" and maybe visit the Rheinfels Castle:thumbup::thumbup::D
Anymore info you need just let me know.:thumbup:
Cheers vader, i thought the lord grew up on the death star :confused:?

I'll pester you nearer the time if thats ok, i think we get three 'free days' while in Ruedesheim, proper looking forward to it ! :thumbup:

C

·
0 Posts
Rudesheim is amazing! All the secenry around that area is great! Make sure you visit Cochem too, that's a lovely place with great food :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rudesheim is amazing! All the secenry around that area is great! Make sure you visit Cochem too, that's a lovely place with great food :)

is that pronounced 'cock-em'.......lol, im going there !
im going to cock 'em !..

keep the tips comming - thanks, i am making notes !

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
I went around the Ring on my Vara about 18 months ago and it was great. It was a dampish evening after a days heavy rain and I had fairly well-worn TKC80's on so not ideal!

I got stopped at the barriers as I had a helmet-cam on and was made to remove it. By the time I'd done that, my mate who went through ahead of me had vanished into the distance. I ended up doing the whole lap with the track to myself other than for about 30 seconds when a souped-up Williams Clio appeared behind and I waved it past.

Tip from another mate of mine who visits the ring several times a year is that if you're a "newbie" riding/driving a cautious lap then when anyone is coming up behind you, stick to the right hand side of the track and indicate right to signal to them that you've seen them and to come past.

Great experience, will deffo go back and do it again, and the museum at the trackside is well worth a few hours too. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can pre book your ticket for the 'ring online, also check that its open on the day you intend to go, it is still used for industry testing.
It's a great place to go and suprising how the track rises and falls, enjoy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definately do it, I did it 3 yrs ago on a 99 transalp fully loaded. It was an amazing and scary experience. It was about quater to 7 on a week night so it was pretty empty, got over taken by a german in an M5 (think he was a regular) but as the other guy said if you pull to the right they will just come by you as the same laws apply to that of the Autobahn.
When I went round it had been raining and was still raining on parts of the track and being a race track it's greasy so the bike was sliding alot.
It's also worth going and just watching what is going round, as the roads getting there are pretty damn good.
Enjoy:thumbup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im getting really excited now (still about 12 weeks to go yet), promise i'll give a full trip report once im back!

thanks for all the input !

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know of German law saying if you ride the Autobahn's you MUST be wearing leathers?
Someone i'm going with has spoken to someone who thinks this is a new law introduced ?............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts