Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thinice
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a stainless steel nut/bolt set for my XL650 v-y?

Thanks
Thinice

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
(Quote) Forget buying overpriced kits get the individual bolts you require for pence each here they supply us at work.

Got to agree with this, but also always consider where you are using stainless bolts as the tensile strength varies in different productions and will probably be nowhere near as strong as the originals.

I believe there are some s/steel now that match the strength of some original steel items, but never had dealings with them and have wondered what the anti corrosion properties/ apearance would be like as I think they have got to be a different composition of metals, perhaps someone with more knowledge on this can shed more light? -- Chris

PS. one thing I would never be tempted by are stainless items which would hold brake caliper halves together, I have used them in the past for caliper mountings but then thats the shear strength that comes into play.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
(Quote) Forget buying overpriced kits get the individual bolts you require for pence each here they supply us at work.

Got to agree with this, but also always consider where you are using stainless bolts as the tensile strength varies in different productions and will probably be nowhere near as strong as the originals.

They can supply what ever tensile strength you require normally over the counter in stainless or mild steel or whatever finish you require ie zinc plated, oil blued

·
Registered
897 Posts
(Quote jasonbc)
They can supply what ever tensile strength you require normally over the counter in stainless or mild steel or whatever finish you require ie zinc plated, oil blued

Thats good to know thanks for the reply ------ Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts