Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Met up with Frad and Hudders at 0930h soon to be followed by Double O, (looking a bit chilly after re-arranging work and a dash over the M62 from Bradford :thumbup:)

Frad's clean and shiney TA

And Hudders . . . err . . . less clean and shiney AT :rolleyes:

Off we go thro Ribchester, Whitewell, Dunsop Bridge and Slaidburn, then onto the first trail heading straight over Salter Fell.

The only 'slightly tricky' part of the trail is the uphill section you can see running left to right in the distance.

Hudders went up first, . . . to demonstrate how not to do it. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Unfotunately Double O did'nt know the rules, and helped him pick the @ up before i could get my camera out :eek::D

Hudders 'demo' didnt do much for Frad's confidence on his first proper trail riding outing, but with a bit off advice and a push and shove he got to the top unscathed :toothy8:

Frad and OO crest the hill :mrgreen:

A few pics of Frad and OO coming over the moor;

A view from the the trail :cool:

Back on tarmac, thro Hornby, Barbon, Dent then over past Garside station (settle to carlisle rail track) just in time to see a train dragging a load of empty 'coal scuttles'

Maybe this was'nt the best choice of route :rolleyes:

Frad chancing a cracked lense pointing the camere at Hudders :angel9:

Off to the cafe in Hawes for a warm and some hot grub. then thro Gale and onto the Roman road.
Hudder's (the right way up for once :rolleyes:) and Frad.

Me and hudders had a wizz to the end of the lane and waited for the others, after a few minutes we decided we'd better go back and make sure all was ok, a few hunded yards back up the track and they appeared over the horizon :thumbup:, so we turned round again :rolleyes:, at this point Hudders had a 'wheels on two hump's and little leg's dangling over hollow's moment, :eek: and over he went :joker: but this time i got the camera out before the cavalry arrived :toothy8::toothy8::toothy8:

Nothing spectacular, just a step off really :happy3:

Off on tarmac again round Semmawater and up to Stalling Busk for the last lane.
It was a bit nippy on the top's

Frad

Double O

Onto tamac again, down to Kettlewell for a brew, we were running a bit late now, so i cut the loop thro to Settle and we headed to Skipton, Double O and Hudders peeled off here and Frad followed me home to Bolton for a hot brew and a welcome warm up, before heading of to Warrington, looking a bit kn*ckered but very happy. :king::D:D

Sorry to tell all of you who had to work/do family things, . . . . but you missed a cracking day out.:rolleyes::cool::blob6::blob6::blob6:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Crackin Pics :D:D.

Salter Fell is lovely, you can see for miles around if the weather is clear.:thumbup:.

Glad you lads had a great ride, and no change for Hudders (he was on his a*se on that same hill the last time, :rolleyes:) Eh ! :D.

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Crackin Pics :D:D.

Salter Fell is lovely, you can see for miles around if the weather is clear.:thumbup:.

Glad you lads had a great ride, and no change for Hudders (he was on his a*se on that same hill the last time, :rolleyes:) Eh ! :D.
No last time was ok :D

Great day out :thumbright::thumbright:

Fun was had by all :toothy10:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks Airwolf & Hudders for a great day out. Also it was great to meet another XRV'er, Frad.

Looking forward to the next run, maybe you could find some more slippery roads / tracks Airwolf or even a smow drift or two......(NOT).:D

Thanks again for a super day out.

Double O.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all.
You were over my neck of the woods and would liked to join you, with the proper invite of course, but I need an off roader.
The last time I was over Salter Fell was on a likkle 125 Honda.
Great fun. :cool:

·
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a good time was had by all.
You were over my neck of the woods and would liked to join you, with the proper invite of course, but I need an off roader.
The last time I was over Salter Fell was on a likkle 125 Honda.
Great fun. :cool:
Just keep a watch on the 'ride out's' forum.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

A selection of my photos from possibly the best day out on my bike yet (dont tell the wife):thumbright:

A BIG Thankyou to Airwolf Hudders And Double O without your patience I think I would still be on top of Salter Fell !!!

230 miles in one day with lots of off road is a BIG one for me but got home safe to a roaring fire and a homemade curry :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

Only just finished cleaning the TA putting my Xmas pressies to good use :D:D:D

Thanks again Guys Have a great New Year one and all :thumbup:

Till next Time :blob7:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Hudders it doesn't look like that bikes had a wash since our last outing........disgraceful, Frad I was in your kneck of the woods today at the Quill exhaust factory place called Golborne (followed my mate up there to have his new cans fitted to his Aprillia Tuono)

Looked like a great day you all had, although it looked bloody cold but then after todays jaunt I've come to the conclution that once you get north of Birmingham the temp drops 5 degrees (thank god for heated grips, my mate wasn't so fortunate....no hand guards, no screen, no heated grips and 100 miles of motorway plugging) :D

·
Gold Member - Yeah baby
156 Posts
Nice one guys. Looks like me and Ralph missed a good day out.

Thought you were going out on the XR600 anyway's Airwolf?

See you soon.

Jonesy :thumbright:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Absolutely cracking photos guys, looks like you had a good time. :thumbup:

I'm planning on coming down one weekend for a wee blast. Really enjoyed the National at Dent, great scenery and not too far away from me. Maybe catch up with you boys again at some point :D:D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
the pictures look great and what a nice day to go out i wish we had weather like that down here, we never seem to get any!!!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Looks like you all had a great time :D , as usual up here in the great north west, riding is never put off even in cool weather!!

If I can get out of bed, I'll join you next time :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts