Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorrow this time i should be somewhere around Bristol heading upto north wales for the night. Catching the Wednesday morning ferry into Dublin then the Ride into Belfast for the Week for the NW200.

Anyone else going??????

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Nope, but when I was touring up there a couple of years ago on the first morning of the 200 I found bikes were welcome. Approaching a pub, a large girl came running towards the road whooping and holding her top up to indicate her feelings toward bikers. Wearing no brassiere, perhaps a wheelbarrow would have served as well... :sad1:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Nope, but when I was touring up there a couple of years ago on the first morning of the 200 I found bikes were welcome. Approaching a pub, a large girl came running towards the road whooping and holding her top up to indicate her feelings toward bikers. Wearing no brassiere, perhaps a wheelbarrow would have served as well... :sad1:
I have this friend that was wondering... Where EXACTLY was this pub...

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
watch your speed in the north... If you get caught, bugger off pronto.. In 1996 I got caught doing 75mph in a 60mph limit on a dual carrigeway in bright sunny conditions with very little traffic, I walked out of court(!!) with a £780 fine... I dont bother stopping anymore.

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi everyone just a heads up for anyone coming over to the Nw200 beware.The Police will be out in force with speed detection equipment and are not afraid to use it.In N.Ireland the police drive Marked cars/Bikes they also use many more unmarked cars .Coats and Blankets on the rear parcel shelf and you don,t think police and fly past only to get pulled over.The A2 coast road which is one of the best in the country will have many Cameras in cars when going into the small villages and don,t even think of opening up before you get past the National speed limit sign on the way out of the villages again ,These are The most popular spots to get caught .By all means come over and enjoy the racing but dont spoil it by getting caught over the limit As the NW200 is a field day for the police for catching speeders.I dont have a problem with the police as they have a job to do ,Just dont want anyone to get points or lose their licence.Francis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts