Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi anyone found an alternative to buying the linkage bearings for a Dommi from honda they be darn expensive £150 plus for the seals bearings and collar's.:(
I've tried all i can think of like My local Honda dealer, Dave silvers, wemoto all balls various bearing suppliers but no joy.
But i am looking at a few alternatives which i will try after a Koyo supplier gets back to me next week just wondering if anyone else has done this cheaper.

You need five TA1720Z bearings at £15 each and one BHM1725 at £15 thats £90
Then theres eight dust seals at £2.50 each so thats another £20
And then four collars one about £10 and three just over £5 so another £25 plus the vat = one expensive repair bill

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks merv thats one of the sites i tried they dont do the bearing i need five of but they do the one i need one of at £7.33+vat so thats one and i think i might be able to change four of the bearings measuring 17x24x17 to 17x24x20 for £7.33+vat leaving only one OEM bearing to buy plus the collar's (this is my backup plan) just waiting to see what the Koyo suplier says next week before i take the plunge:thumbright:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but i have taken the plunge and got them all now its always the same i spend ages looking for a cheap option and one turns up after i bought stuff never mind be fixed soon and then

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks merv thats one of the sites i tried they dont do the bearing i need five of but they do the one i need one of at £7.33+vat so thats one and i think i might be able to change four of the bearings measuring 17x24x17 to 17x24x20 for £7.33+vat leaving only one OEM bearing to buy plus the collar's (this is my backup plan) just waiting to see what the Koyo suplier says next week before i take the plunge:thumbright:
Hi Fred, I know im bringing up an old thread, but did the TA1720Z fit ok after into your linkage?

I've also been looking at bearings at the 17*24*17 (BM172417) are nearly £15 each, where as the 17*24*20 (TA1720Z) are only £7 each

And i need 5 of them. :angry1::angry1:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry Scotty i cant remember what i fitted i think it was the 17x24x20mm bearings but cannot be 100% sure. I only had it all apart 2 weeks ago for servicing as well. If you have got your linkage apart have a look inside to see if the bearings are pushed into a shoulder i don't think they are so the width doesn't matter that much but these bearings have not got a full compliment of needles like the OEM ones. Mine have been fitted since 2012 and no service until a few weeks ago the only bearing that's gone was the OEM one at the bottom of the shock. The collars are showing signs of wear on the rest of the bearings but no play so they've been greased up and fitted with new seals and are staying in until their fooked. You can buy seals for as little as £0.70p each which i bought spares and going to try and remember to service the linkage bearings annually putting in new seals every time.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those bearings look in pretty good nick was there any play in them

·
Registered
348 Posts
To be honest Fred, the bike was used for green laning.
And although the bike wouldn't have won a beauty contest with hand painted plastics etc, mechanically it was spot on, engine runs tidy, every single bolt, bearing and bush |I've taken out, was clean and packed with grease.
I could probably use them again, but I've been buying all new bearings and seals, bit by bit, ready for when i start building the bike back up, and the linkage bearings are the only ones i haven't bought yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have been struggling to source a BHM 1725 bearing in the UK, but a comparison brings up the IKO TA1725Z bearing.
Has anyone ever fitted these into their linkage on their dommie?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts