Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been restoring these Dommies for a while now and the biggest pain in the arse is the Aluminium engine brackets. They're all rotten, perished and degraded now.

And from Honda DISCONTINUED ! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

The ones Honda made are crap anyway. Low grade aluminium with no protection.

SO !! I've made an arrangement with an engineering firm to made a batch of all the top mounts and also the front mounts.. They will be made of high quality billet aluminium, professionally milled (Not cast like the crappy originals) and every pair also be 'Hard anodised' meaning they will last longer than the rest of your bike. They will also look BLING !!!

I've had to order a large batch to make them affordable. So I thought I might as well offer them up to the good folk of this forum.

So If anyone is interested, I can supply the top mounts and front hangers for £60. Four pieces in total. That's also a lot cheaper than Honda prices (if you could get them).

I've got the prototypes on my bike now and they fit PERFECTLY !! Such an improvement. I won't take pictures because they're not finished nicely so they don't reflect the quality of the ones that will be available.

They should be ready in about four weeks.

PM me if you're interested.

Ted :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Where was this a couple of months ago :D that's great work Ted if i hadn't had to knock up some myself i would have signed up for these :thumbup:

Reactions: Mototed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Go on lets see some pics.
Just put my wiring back in place after playing with SVs loom, said brackets are eroding very nicely so I'm def in. Get the money to you soon Ted.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're still being made.

Patience my dear friends. They are well worth the wait.

I can supply bolts to go with them but they are stainless steel not high tensile. They will be more than strong enough. All the weight of the engine is all on the lower mounts anyway.

They should be ready in couple of weeks. They will be getting hard anodised too so they will never tarnish..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay !! I've finally got them. Limited numbers so first come, first served..

They are laser cut billet aluminium and have been hard anodised. Much stronger than originals and they won't corrode.

As they're harder, they don't bend like the crappy Honda ones so you 'might' need to use the occasional washer as a spacer here and there, depending on how your engine/frame is.. The washer would be invisible as its in the inside. I didn't need any on my bike but I needed one for the top mounts on a customers.

You also 'might' need longer bolts. Very cheap on EBay.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've jaut sold my last set... If there is still interest, i can have another batch made.

£60 for a full PLUS postage.

Ted.

Find me on Facebook: MotoTed & MotoRevive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might have these made in simple aluminium colour too if there is a requirement.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These all sold out pretty quick. I'm wondering if there is any interest in me ordering a new batch ??

Ted

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry. Non left.

There hasn't been enough interest in them to justify me commissioning a new batch since the arse fell out of the NX650 tracker trend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts