Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking to do a conversion on my dominator and would like
to know if any one out there has any advice and tips abut parts ?
have seen pictures of frount end conversions ie headlight fairing and motocross front guard but can any one tell me if a bigger tank from
eg a xl or xr will fit the nx650 ?

hope some one can help....

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
Hey there

I can tell you, from experience, that while many other tanks WILL fit dommies, the fit either won't be perfect or it will be a total mess.

XL/XR tanks might fit but you'll have to adapt the fuel intake lines and the seat to fit.
Yamaha XT or TT & Suzy DR tanks might fit, but they're a hassle to fit (mount-wise) and the seat doesn't line up at all.

Overall it's a pretty annoying job to replace the NX's tank with one from another model. Most importantly, fairings won't line up AT ALL.

That's why I spent half a year searching for a large tank for my NX.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice have other oppions open. have seen a pic of a nx with smal front fairing and high crosser mud guard. im looking at a old nx tank at mo that i can convert, any tips for part u have will be very welcome...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just checked the thread the pics dont want to load??? and for some reason my post count has gone down to 1 ???

anyway i will see if this works

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shame only 21l can be used

To the OP check the link i put most of the info in there, if you want more information just ask!!!

One thing if i was to do the conversion again i think i would try and get a Honda XR 250 headlight....

Domi at the beach

cant think why i left the UK!!!! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks for all the ideas and tips great looking bike just need to get mine up to that standard. working on the basic's first brakes, chain, wheels ect

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts