Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the microswitch on the Clutch Lever is for?

And the best way to remove/bypass it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Safety measure. The clutch microswitch works in conjunction with the sidestand switch and the gearbox-in-neutral switch. If the stand is down and the bike is in gear it won't start/run unless you pull the clutch in. Here's a good scan of the wiring diagram: http://www.chromogram.com/Honda_dominator_wiring.gif

If you wanted to bypass the clutch switch you could just snip the G/W and G/W wires and twist them together thus fooling the bike into thinking the clutch is always pulled in.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I bypassed everything on mine but word of warning it will try to start with the bike in gear when you press the starter, the first day i took mine out after the bypass operation i pressed the start button in the local petrol station to run the bike when i put my gloves and helmet on like i always did and it drove itself off the side stand onto the floor squashing me between the bike and the petrol pump, I always pull the clutch in now on every bike i own :grin:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha Fred, thats made my day.

It was only the clutch i was looking to bypass, as i have a different clutch assembly to fit.

I take it this can be bypassed without by passing the rest.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
haha Fred, thats made my day.

It was only the clutch i was looking to bypass, as i have a different clutch assembly to fit.

I take it this can be bypassed without by passing the rest.
You could take the clutch switch off without modifying anything only down side would be you have to select neutral to start the bike

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, finding neutral while in traffic can be a pain.

Is there any negatives to twisting wires together?

I always pull clutch in while starting, habit from riding endure bikes

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think it will try to turn over in gear with the clutch out side stand should still work give it a try

1 - 7 of 7 Posts