Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda just does not build the bike i want, so I'm thinking I will have to build it myself, so I have a few questions. Has anyone fitted a NX tank and faring to a XR650L, and does an XR650L rear wheel have a cush drive? Any help or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
I cannot help with your questions but I am sure someone will be along shortly, who can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does fitt and it is very sexy. Fitted a 93 Dommy tank and faring to a 96 XR630 with big finn head. It's a long term project but it looks awsome. Have no idea how to post pictures, if someone sends me a pm I will foward pictures to them so they can post it:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Guess it would be an awesome bike! So long as you are quite tall as the seat height on these things is over 37 inches!!!!
I have to admit to finding mine quite awkward at the lights but these are fantastic bikes and really are dual purpose.

There is no cush drive on these bikes but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to be honest......go get one!:thumbup:

Here's mine:D

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yes it does fitt and it is very sexy. Fitted a 93 Dommy tank and faring to a 96 XR630 with big finn head. It's a long term project but it looks awsome. Have no idea how to post pictures, if someone sends me a pm I will foward pictures to them so they can post it:D
Will look forward to these

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
I'm a bit at a loss as to how exactly you can attach the front subframe to the bike's frame, but that's pretty much the only thing stopping XR/XL owners from going NX.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was not too hard but was unable to use the NX headlight wich is ok as it is heavy and fragile. Had to use two smaller lights. The most difficult thing will be the seat wich will have to be shortened.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Attaching the front subframe shouldn't be too difficult, you will have to make a bracket of similar dimensions to the original and weld or bolt to the frame. I am doing a very similar job to my 650l as i intend to mount a set of twin headlights from a 98' baja 250 which will attach in this way.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts