Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crf 250 r front end complete wheel too i do need a caliper and m/cylinder but i am toying with the idea of an upgrade .I will wait until i have at least ridden my AT (which i have yet to do )but if any one has actual experience in this conversion i would be interested in hearing how it went..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not the same but i put a SWOWA Drz front end on my bike. Transformed it 48mm comp and rebound plus i put a 320 mm single disc on with a billet 4 pot caliper it stops now .....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you feel it improved the bike ? what caliper did you use ?I know some of the 4 pots (brembo) are quite wide and i have had issues with them touching spokes under heavy load ,so i have milled the inside a touch to get them to fit better on previous projects

·
Registered
694 Posts
Huge improvement over stock full stop , ive changed the oil for something heavier again this improved things again , Caliper wise mine was a "Braking" caliper and sintered EBC pads.

Now on the road and gravel roads you can dial out the bumps with the comp & rebound till nearly non existent and very little dive on the forks. Well worth mod in my eyes :thumbup:.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i am more worried about the changing to a single front disc i would like to retain the twin disc look but its far easier not to mention cheaper to go with the 320 mm single disc i hope the weight of the bike wont over power the single disc set up..thanks for the reply appreciate it ..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the quest for performance at a fair price anyone heard of RICOR (i think thats right )they offer a solution to dive with an internal change to a standard set up and it will be a damn sight cheaper than a new front end ..!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts