Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Serbia! ;)

I bought a Dommie recently and I'm trying to figure out what cause the clacking noise.
What is very odd, it's not constant. It's like typing an old writing machine. The clacking sound is occasional.

I looked through the other threads about clacking noise but wasn't able to find the same problem.
Can anyone give me a clue about it?
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
These engines often throw up the odd noise, I've been watching a guy on youtube, Marc Travels who has a clacking Dommie and even with a top end strip down he is none the wiser. The nightmare is, his trip has been ruined by his own anxiety on the matter.

Is it possible to post a video of the engine noise to help identify it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These engines often throw up the odd noise, I've been watching a guy on youtube, Marc Travels who has a clacking Dommie and even with a top end strip down he is none the wiser. The nightmare is, his trip has been ruined by his own anxiety on the matter.

Is it possible to post a video of the engine noise to help identify it.
Thanks a lot for the answer. I'm watching Marc as well... yes, it's very strange. Yesterday a friend find on some forum discussion about the same problem, and the cause was loosened valve seat. I will try to find the link.

Regarding the video of my bike... I'm waiting for a new CDI I ordered. As soon as I get it I will post the video here. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
231 Posts
This thread hold a lot of good information, especially post #11 using the old screwdriver stethoscope to identify and isolate engine noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts