Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Agony Aunts and Uncles,

Following on from Tarka's thread on the Buel Uselessyse there's a GasGas 400FSE on eBay at the mo, 2002 at £1500, and I'm strangely tempted :confused2:

Everything I read on t'interweb is about the bikes unreliability, but I'm still tempted :confused: Even TBM reckon it's a bike for life 'cos you'll never sell it - but that's probably because it's not orange!

I know riders only ever write on fora (?) when they have a problem and I love a challenge. What shall I do?

Yours with thanks

Confused of Debbun.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Dear Confused ,
What you are feeling is only natural , you want to know what it's like to sample the exotic delights of another. Don't worry about it follow your urges, but don't get rid of the one you love to , just treat the other one as your bit on the side.
If it helps , others are in the same situation , I have this crushing desire to have a dirty orange Austrian slut , I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself. My current ride is great , but oh my god the Austrian tart just keeps winking at me, I have even tried to kill it by looking at German wenches but the lust does not go away. If I do it i know i'll regret it , but somehow , that makes it an even dirtier thought.

What'll I do??

Kind regards , Even More Confused.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,036 Posts
Dear Confused,

I have a friend who owns one of these bikes. Colin (for that is is name) also says it's a bike for life and that he will never sell it. This may be due to the fact that 2 weeks after buying it for £2000, the engine blew up and was rebuilt at a cost of £2000, then 80 miles after that it blew up again and was rebuilt at a cost of £500 (labour only apparently) and now it's leaking oil. I mean who in his right mind would flog a bike that has cost £4500 for £1500?

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Think yourself lucky - I'm being nudged towards an NC30 track bike by my mate who races one at MGP. :shock:

He's already pretty much convinced me to get some one-piece leathers from the cheap-o stores at TT, so that I can do track days (and maybe the race school) on the AT - hmm, how do TKCs do on a circuit??

Just a good job that I don't have a garage to keep a race bike in :rolleyes:

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Pretty well apparently...

They just wear out like there's no tomorrow. (And after a track day on TKCs, there won't be as far as the rubber's concerned)

·
Registered
276 Posts
No don't do it .....there are lots of others out there that will not go bang or splutter due to poor fueling (sp?) ....gas gas 2 Ok stroke ,4 bad

Could go orange ........... :confused: :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts