Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about getting some proper off road tuition for a while now, as part of my master plan to do Morocco in 2009 and Dakar in 2010 (Yeh I know but gotta start somewhere) and also its kind of sacrilige not to go off road on my @ but a liitle scary at the mo.
I have looked around at various courses, Yamaha, ktm south etc. I would love to do the beemer one in Wales, but a little too rich at the moment and a long way from my new home to be in Harrogate North Yorks. (lottery win needed) So hunting around I found these guys http://www.www.i2imca.com/index.htm

I have just booked two sessions April 13th Level 1 and April 27th level 2

All kit included £150 and £160 respectively.

If anyone fancies joining me from tNorth then check out the site. Dont care if its wet muddy snowy, hailstones, blizzard, ice, determined to have a blast.
Making no guarantees as I dont know these guys , but looks good and excellent communication .
TaTa Me Mateys Ha Hargh

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
I've been looking around for a course as well for much the same reasons as you , and also maybe give me more confidence when things get a bit loose under the tyres - I really admire those Dakar riders going flat out over the loose sand , with the bike "fish tailing" underneath them. That takes confidence !!!!

My thoughts... the Honda /Yamaha/KTM etc courses seem to be designed for pure mud plugging ie motocross type stuff and the BMW course seem to be better suited to the faster/longer enduro/trails type stuff. But like you I think the BMW course is a bit expensive , but maybe, just maybe?.

Let us know how you get on with your choice and if you felt it was relevant to the type of trips you are planning .

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
I couldn't recommend highly enough the Ady Smith KTM Enduro School that I just did this weekend.

I'd say that at £260 for 2 full days instruction and use of all their top knotch kit it's well worth it.

I ache like I've been runover (infact I have been runover and this possibly hurts more) from the sheer physical exertion of two days full-on riding through mud and ruts, haring round a grass track hanging the back end out round the corners, riding over logs and tree stumps and even getting the bikes well airbourne over tabletops – I fell off more this weekend than I have in 18 years of biking, but I've not stopped grinning yet! :D

For a confidence builder when things start to get a little bit sideways on the slippy/loose stuff I think you'd be hard pressed to beat it. I for one will almost certainly be going back for more!

BIG thumbs up from me :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts