Honda XRV Forum banner

Off to france, yipeee!!, suggestions welcome

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  spicy mchaggis 
#1 ·
...thats right, im off to France with my dad for a few days, looking forward to some great roads and warm summer sun.

Were catching the ferry at midday from Poole to Cherboug, and then catching a morning ferry back from Caen on Sunday arriving home in Portsmouth. so only a short 5 day trip, but hopefully enough time to see some museums and WW2 sites etc.

so any recommendations on what we should go see/visit, or any general suggestions. also its my first time driving abroad, so fingers crossed, still i cant wait. :D:D:D

- will

#2 ·
...thats right, im off to France with my dad for a few days, looking forward to some great roads and warm summer sun.

Were catching the ferry at midday from Poole to Cherboug, and then catching a morning ferry back from Caen on Sunday arriving home in Portsmouth. so only a short 5 day trip, but hopefully enough time to see some museums and WW2 sites etc.

so any recommendations on what we should go see/visit, or any general suggestions. also its my first time driving abroad, so fingers crossed, still i cant wait. :D:D:D

- will
Go and see William the Conquerer's birthplace in Caen, a large double keeped castle. Apparently, even though his mother was a commoner, it was considered good luck for the baby to be born in the father's home.

Bayeux is nice. Also Falaise has a good museum re the fighting after D Day (The Falaise gap).

#4 ·
Have fun!

Have a look at the suggestions for the D-Day trip for ideas and routes.

And don't forget to write a report when you come back - with lots of pictures.

G
#6 ·

- will
Git! ............... me jealous? ............ whatever gave you that idea;)

Doggy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.