Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
see ya all.

:angel10::angel10: i'm going to give the varadero a bit of a thrashing round the ring, back sunday night! god willing!!

last time to continent this year, just before the weather changes,,
bringing my new camera , one of these fix to the bike thingys , so ill try and post a little video when i get back..
good weekend every one !!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
good luck
make sure you hide the camera well cause i think when robster tried too take his they made him leave it behind or so:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
650ish mile round trip, good one :thumb:. Hope the weather is with not to mention the force ;)

The way the kids were tonight I wish I was with you :blob6:, its a phase, its a phase, its ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
see ya all.

:angel10::angel10: i'm going to give the varadero a bit of a thrashing round the ring, back sunday night! god willing!!

last time to continent this year, just before the weather changes,,
bringing my new camera , one of these fix to the bike thingys , so ill try and post a little video when i get back..
good weekend every one !!:thumbup::thumbup:
keep it shiny side up mate ,,come back and tell us all about it:thumbup:

sub 10min lap whats your chances:cool::D:D:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck
make sure you hide the camera well cause i think when robster tried too take his they made him leave it behind or so:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks for that tip lord vadar , i didnt know that, it will be fitted low down on the crash bar's next to my left leg, (cause i will be on the right with every thing passing me!!! ) so hopefully herr comandant wont spot it.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Yup, twas true. I had no idea of that rule either so bowled up with my helmet cam in place a top my lid before being made to remove it by the Kommandant.

If you've got the camera on the bike, on the left side (away from the "watchtower" then you'll probably be ok.

I couldn't tell you how long it took me to go around, that was half the reason for the camera, but it was a fantastic and scary experience! Not least because we dived out, right at the end of the evening session after it had been chucking it down all day...and I was on TKCs!

Big wet and dry patches all around (the track that is!), but as I'd been stopped at the gate and my mate had gone through infront, I had a totally clear track ahead, and ony for about 30 seconds did I have a souped up Williams Clio appear behind me that I let through, then completed the lap on my own....just like having the track to myself! :teeth:

It was a damp and chilly evening (for July) and when I pulled up at the finish there was steam coming off the TKCs....Nice! :toothy7:

Enjoy :thumbright:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looking forward to this one, too, as my mate and I have decided our yearly road trip next year will be to the 'ring rather than the TT again. If someone can post a 95mph lap of the Island on a Vara, then there's no excuse for a sub-Clarkson time (which I believe was a 78mph lap), although I'm sure I'll have plenty of excuses lined up by the time we get there next year...:rolleyes:

Now, let's see, there's rain, hail, snow, slow Ferraris, german chicks dawdling in Transits, strudel on the track, last nights brockwurst, erm, erm...;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
My mates and I intended to visit the Ring the other year, but accidentally followed signs for the "Grand Prix" track not the public "Nordschleif" toll-road. D'Oh! :toothy9: Was interesting watching the track day cars and riders, but the Nordschleif would have been better.

None of us had planned to do a lap because it was near the beginning of a long trip and we didn't want to damage anything!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WELL GUY'S , I'M BACK

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHuHeXd9a8

GOT ROUND THE TRACK SAFELY, BRILLIANT FUN,

NOW , I DON'T CLAIM TO BE VALANTINO ROSSI , OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THE VID, YOU WILL SEE 2.58 MINUTES IN , I GET OVERTAKEN BY A MEC "A" CLASS, WITH KIDS,,

PULLED UP AT DOVER , TO BE INFORMED THE FRENCH, HAD JUST BLOCKADED CALAIS, SO SAT IN PORT FOR TWO HOURS , WAITING.
(SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FISHES)
THE TRIP DOWN WAS GREATSTOPPED AT LEUVAN NEAR BRUSSELLS , GOOD PLACE, GOING BACK THERE WITH WIFE!!
NEXT DAY , SAT, DOWN TO THE RING , LUCKY WITH THE WEATHER , PAID 21 EUROS AND ON WE WENT, MY MATES , ONE ON A 08 BLADE, ONE ON A 08 600rr , were gone within seconds,

got a real good soaking on sunday ride back !!!!:sunny:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like you had a great time, how was the camera mounted and were there any problems getting it through,

I'll watch it again:happy1:
hi snaphappy,

i mounted it on the grash bar, next to the air filter grill , they didnt notice mine ,but a guy in front of me , was in a caterham 7 thing, had a scarf wrapped around a camera on his roll cage , they spotted it and ripped it off, they were not happy!!!

brilliant experiance, i went in may for the first time and i was cr----ing myself,
much happier and confident this time, but you still have to be really carefull,( well i did any way, i suppose being overtaken by a mini people carrier shows i was being over cautious ..

:icescream:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha, I used to play tennis there (Leuven). That's where Stella Artois is from.

* I used to live in Belgium when I was a kid.
LOVELY PLACE, GOT THERE ABOUT 1 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, CHECKED IN HOTEL, WENT OUT LOOKING FOR A BAR, BLIMEY, LIKE BEING UP LONDON AT ABOUT 8 O'CLOCK ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!! EVERYWHERE OPEN AND WELCOMED US NO PROBLEM, DONT YOU JUST LOVE ENGLAND!!!:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts