Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a little lad n dad chat with jnr about bikes and he said he had shown one of his photos of my bike to his mechanics teacher.
His teacher was impressed with the bike and said ,tell your dad if he gives us the back wheel and gets the spokes ,we will do his back wheel for free and do it in one of the lessons.
Does anyone know where I can find stainless spokes for the wheel and what size are they?
That is an offer that I can not refuse....:thumbup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Wheelpro spoke length calculator

Spoke length calculator for wheel building

"Most of our one-off orders are usually requests for wheel rebuilding, but before this can happen we need certain important measurements. These must be taken by the customer or our technicians while the old wheel is still in one piece.

The first measurement we need is the wheel's offset (or dish, as it is often called), you can see how to measure this on the "Rim Ordering Procedure" page. This measurement is essential if the rebuilt wheel is to sit correctly in the frame.

The spokes must be measured accurately, remembering that there may be more than one length of spoke in a wheel. It is also worthwhile retaining one of the old spokes for reference.

The final measurement is the size of the rim, which should be stamped on the side of the rim, e.g., 18x2.15. Central Wheel Components have a huge database of offsets, spoke lengths and rim sizes, but these will only cater for the original fittings. Over time, many bikes will be tinkered with and improved to accommodate the latest tyres or will be fitted with incorrect spacers etc., so the above measurements are essential to ensure your wheels are correct when returned to you."

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links gentlemen , this job is going to be done after I have had my summer fun on it and I aint letting jnr loose on my back wheel until I have talked with his teachers to make sure they know what they are doing.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts