Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went out for a trail ride on Sunday with my mate Steve on his 950S, we decide to head for the Begwyn hills in Wales as he had never ridden there before. After having to charge my battery we had a steady ride over and no dramas until we got near Hay-on-Wye and noticed that all the roads were soaking wet, they must have had a big downpour overnight.

So we get up onto the Begwyns and find that the trails are mega-slippery so full concentration was needed to remain upright. After this we did Llanbedr hill and there were some big puddles so I decided to avoid Doctors Pool and Black Yatt and headed to a new lane (for us) south of Hay-on-Wye.

Looking at the map we were expecting a nice shale track in the valley but it turned into a bog as all the rain had run off the hills into the track

We carried on anyway as I hate to turn back and we were making decent (if slow) progress. As we were aproaching about the third gate I ducked under a tree and as I did so was knocked sideways, I dabbed immediately on my left side but ended up going down in a heap closely followed by Steve who was laughing so much that he grabbed the front brake and washed-out his front end.

I was stuck under the bike and couldn't understand why I had dabbbed into thin-air and then I noticed the bale of barbed-wire under the tree and my prosthetic leg parked neatly on it
As I passed under the tree I didn't notice the barbed-wire and it pulled my leg clean off, hence the unsucessful dab.

The scene of the crime........

Once we had both finished laughing Steve retrieved my leg and we carried on into even worse bits of this lane, worst of all we ended up not being able to find our way out and had to ride back though the same sh*t .

Steve got a bit close as I opened it up though one really sh*tty bit.......

Eventually we got back to the start only to nearly get run over by a nutter in a Mercedes estate car on the tarmac.

Back on dry land.....

Since I've got back home I have sussed the correct way out of the lane on google earth so we will return another day, but maybe when it's a bit dryer

Bob.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Bob I can't stop laughing at this and the Mrs asked why. I've told her about this and the earlier escapade you had on the motorway and now we both have the giggles.

Priceless.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Quality, as ever.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Priceless. Sat here chuckling at your misfortunes

Bob some have *** breaks and some have leg breaks

I think you need a lanyard -like surfers have to their boards, either that or a light on the dashboard

·
Registered
307 Posts
Very, very funny Bob. I expect quite a few more chuckles on this one today. :D

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Same as everyone else Bob, Im sat here chuckling away. Had to read it twice to make sure I was reading it correctly. :thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Quality :happy6:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Luvvly Bob, this one gave me a grin today :thumbup: (Oh and of course,you had no idea Steve was so close either ?) :rolleyes::D .......Always good to see good riders gone bad.:)

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Excellent Bob,

Showed the strange one your report, laughed her head off, as I did.
Nice one squirrel :D:thumbup:, thanks for sharing ---

Your misfortune :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Love it:thumbright: thanks Bob
Phil

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What a hoot! Had me chuckling same as everyone else.:D Glad you're alright too and glad to hear the bike is shiny clean again.:toothy7:

:sunny:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Great story, and looks like you had a good time.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
this takes me back to the first time i was off roading with bob at sailsbury plains.

the landrover club was kicking the **** out of the tank range and had a burger bar there , so we all stopped for a burger:)

everybodys standing around munching away bobs sitting on the floor winks at me then proceeds to rotate his leg through ninety degrees and lets out a blood curdling scream...a couple of the guys there nearly threw up at the sight of this twisted leg:D:D:D:D

laugh i nearly shat myself:joker::joker::joker:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
LOL. A picture did go through my mind of what Steve's reaction would have been if he hadn't known about the leg! Can you imagine him seeing his riding buddy dismembered before his very eyes?!?

Bob, most people in your situation would probably curl up in a quiet corner. You not only get out there with everyone else, you put most of us to shame with your riding skills. (Have I embarrassed you enough now?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts