Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy turned up at the H cafe bike night last night on a brand new Yamaha R1M... He only had a woman pull out in front of him just down the road from the cafe 5 mins before he turned up and slid it down the road...:eek: It was all scraped down the left side. He seemed fairly matter of fact about it. I'd have been absolutely gutted.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if its a 2015 bike then not only is he one of the first to own one but if he wants he can be the first one to have a street fighter R1M :cool: . in case anyone hasn't heard Kawasaki have a new 1000 cc sports bike what's super charged . I don't know of any other production motorcycle that is super charged I have seen old factory race bikes and the very odd special . maybe its only a gimmick and another component to go wrong ? . there hasn't even been any turbo production bikes that im aware of since the 4 big Japanese factory's all had a go back In the 80's even though Kawasaki done a z1r looking one before that in the late 70's

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its a 2015 bike then not only is he one of the first to own one but if he wants he can be the first one to have a street fighter R1M :cool: . in case anyone hasn't heard Kawasaki have a new 1000 cc sports bike what's super charged . I don't know of any other production motorcycle that is super charged I have seen old factory race bikes and the very odd special . maybe its only a gimmick and another component to go wrong ? . there hasn't even been any turbo production bikes that im aware of since the 4 big Japanese factory's all had a go back In the 80's even though Kawasaki done a z1r looking one before that in the late 70's

It was mate. There was one on show at On Yer Bike in Aylesbury about a month ago and it had signs all over it saying, "Don't touch - this bike isn't ours"... I noticed the dealers name On Yer Bike on his number plate so I'm guessing it's the same bike. It was a 15 plate 2015 bike. :eek:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i kinda know how he feels on a smaller scale with no to take the blame . in 1989 i was 19 and after abstaining from the demon drink for months and even going with out a bike for a couple of months back on a 10 speed racer scrimping and saving . i got myself in a position to borrow enough off the credit union enough to buy a 2 year old rd125 ypvs with only 7000 miles and insure it 1000 punt for the bike and 450 for insurance . i was on cloud nine . i only had it about 3 weeks when i fired it trough a fence at high speed followed by my mate who was on the back and myself . a few of our mates were standing about one of them had dropped his lc 350 . apparently it was pretty spectacular i done a sliding head stand across the field . the bike was as new apart from missing the bikini fareing before the off . i got off light enough smashed up clock surround belly pan and a couple of indictor's . one of the lads offered me 300 punt for the bike back at the pub , in hind sight i should never have spoken to him again for saying such a shitty thing a true friend wouldn't take the piss like that . my buddy broke a bone in his neck and had to wear a collar for a few weeks . i could have killed him riding like a loonie trying to keep up with big bikes .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts