Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to the local stealer and am now in posession of a brochure for the new Alp, I like it and have been offered a pre reg new bike for £5999, is that a decent deal? I will haggle for more (free heated grips and centre stand at least) before I am ready to sign on the dotted, just need to convince SWMBO now :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not a bad deal by the sound of it but if you buy b4 march 31st you should get free top-box and heated grips.
I paid £6400 for mine week last with heated gripd and top-box though i got the tri colour bike which looks awesome and when i say £6400 i actually paid £4000 cash and they gave me £2400.00 on a 02 bandit 1200....good deal i reckon lol

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
With prices at the moment it sounds like sub £6000 is a good deal indeed.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Seems like anything sub 6K is good at the mo looking at dealer prices accross all manufacturers, getting expensive aint they , new bikes!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i'm not sure it's that good a deal tbh, the bike is registered on an 09 plate but has never left the showroom, this still means I will loose 1 year of the warranty as well though, is the warranty that big an issue on these bikes? will I be ok with 2 years instead of 3? would I be better off getting a 10 plate with 3 years warranty and better residuals in the future etc??????

Questions questions questions!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Pop along to a KTM dealer. What lovely bikes they have! Had to drop the car of for MOT and on the way home passed a KTM dealers. Wow what beutifull machinery. Prices right up there too. Was given a couple of brochures but I think KTM here I come !!! Go take a look, you can geta TA anytime. They also pay top dollar on used TAs go see. DD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the dealer in question is also a KTM dealer but I am inclined to get a TA tbh as I want it to last my life time, I have also heard through friends the trade that KTM are financially in trouble and may go under this year, exceptional deals are to be had on new KTM I know for sure (I was offered a new 530EXC for £5295 iirc!), but I am also sure that there is probably a very good reason for it as well, rats and sinking ships spring to mind...

D

·
0 Posts
Oh-er not good then. Some of the bikes had quite a lot discounted off of the full price. I hope your wrong as there were quite a lot of staff working there. Lets hope for the best, regards Dave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not good no, and I do hope that I am wrong also, it's not something that you would wish on anyone at all, KTM do make some fantastic machines but for my money they are just too expensive, but then I guess thats why you get Whitepower suspension and Brembo brakes on all models, you pays your money...etc

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would be inclined to say it wasn't a fantastic deal. If it's on a 09 plate there is a good chance it arrived at the dealer when the price was £5500. I found mine (an 09 reg) for sale secondhand for £4800 with a few extras, sure it's not the same as a brand new bike but it's a big saving. There are a lot of good seconhand bikes out there with low miles and not very old.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would be inclined to say it wasn't a fantastic deal. If it's on a 09 plate there is a good chance it arrived at the dealer when the price was £5500. I found mine (an 09 reg) for sale secondhand for £4800 with a few extras, sure it's not the same as a brand new bike but it's a big saving. There are a lot of good seconhand bikes out there with low miles and not very old.

I've noticed this, there are a few 09 plate TA's for less than 5k so one of these may be the better option for me, we shall see :D

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Brand new bikes are overated imho, deals on second hand ones are they way I would go forward (unless money didn't feature) every newbike I've owned over the years has had troubles which, altough sorted by the dealer, was still a PITA and lost some confidence in mssrs Honda and Suzuki. It would have to be Some bike, or Some deal for me not to go down the new-ish low miles-ish route :thumbright: (Havin said that a new bike is a gooood thing to have:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts