Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably the closest i've ever come to actually physically banging my head against a wall through sheer frustration at my own natural stupidity!

came in from a whizz round on the bike last saturday, it was evening, getting bloody cold & light was failing fast.

I pushed the bike into the shed, & then thought I maybe should give the chain some lube as it has sat for a while & will now sit for another week before moving again. The chain libe is on a shelf in the shed by the bike. The shed is a lean to (in stone if you please) with no door so the low temps we've had here have affected the grease in the can so it wouldn't squirtthrough the little straw thingy.

I was in a hurry so rather than take the can inside & wait for it to warm up I used the other nozzle... which i didn't take the time to fit properly or test... In the dark I didn't notice untill too late that I'd effectively coated the entire sidewall & half the tread width of the rear tyre with a liberal coat of thick white chain grease!

dohx.gif dohx.gif dohx.gif

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Oh well you learn from mistakes .:rolleyes:
Time to get the degreaser out methinks , gunk would work well ,so get thee scrubbing:thumbup:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh don't be silly, that would be intelligent & industrious & involve coherent thought.

I wiped it off with one of madame's best tea towels & I shall take it out for a spin (the bike, not the tea towel)this afternoon to burn the rest off

do you think I should take it steady for a mile or two to... :rolleyes:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I can't see anything unusual there.........carry on.....:D :confused: :cool:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Sod hiring one of your boats, you'd probably have the 'heads' on the outside :grin:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been out painting the bleedin' boats today Bob. general consensus of opinion amongst the lads is that i shouldn't be allowed out unnacompanied with a paint brush...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts