Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having broken my oil filter removal tool changing the oil on my brothers car I needed to change the oil and filter on my transalp 600 so the long slot head screw driver and hammer were put to use a couple of belts of the hammer and it was in then just a push down and it was loose easy peasy . the belly pan was looking a bit worst for wear either side from dropping it up a forestry track . I suppose I should have sanded off the gouges a bit better but a good wash there was nearly an inch of chain oil and pine needles inside . I bit of kerosene then fairly liquid and hot water and a good brush then a rinse and dry with a cloth leave it sit over night and a bit of etch primer where the plastic was poking through and a rattle can of silver and it was grand again . only trouble now is it makes the rest of the bike look manky a couple of hours will have it as good as a 27 old work horse probably does . the acf50 fair gets the dirt to stick on . but I am sure it does it job well the scottoiler 365 is about as good as goat piss to prevent rust total waste of time . I had no internet for 10 days I feel like I have been let out of the mental hospital or maybe I need to go back in for a short break :thumbright: I really think the bastards are trying to have me committed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts