Honda XRV Forum banner

Oil/Filter

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  piguglyshandydrinker 
#1 ·
I want to change to a different oil with my next service. Although my filters are not due yet, should I change my oil filter as well with the new type of oil?

Thanks! :thumbup:

#2 ·
Deffo,

Why not ?
For all they cost and you have the area opened up to drain the oil, might as well.
I always use Honda filters, just think you can't scimp on these sort of things , that and manufacturer's recommended oil :thumbup:

#7 ·
hears a oil related question . my transalp 600 is due an oil change I have about 3 litres of Halfords 10w40 and about 2 litres of motul 10w 40 that's been sitting in the total utter madness that's my mothers shed mainly due to my brother who lives with her being a messy bastard where I used to store bikes and service them . anyway now that I have my own shed as a thank you to her for the use of her shed all along I organised it that him and me spent all day Saturday sorting out the mess we cleaned the places from top to bottom every nook and cranny and removed everything that needed dumping in a trailer and organised it all nicely retrieving some bike stuff I had there some lost treasure and in among it all I found the oil that I haven't a clue how old it is . my question is will it be all right to use a sup of it to top up the oil maybe less than a liter ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.