Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , this is my first post here .. I have got a Honda NX650 1989 model(australia) . I do know a llittle about engines but something striked me : When I openend the left crankcase , where the altenator is , etc. To my surprise I found that it was filled with engine oil . Thats odd I thought . But the bike was running sort of OK , generates a spark . First I thought of a blown seal , but to save myself from too much worries I thought , it could be normal ....?????
Can someone help me out?

·
They say I talk too much.
334 Posts
Yes, that's normal. If you want to open that up without draining the oil, lay the bike on its side.

I guess I'm the one who gets to welcome you to the forums? In that case, welcome to the forums!

:wav:

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Merv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Krtek , bedankt heh , Thats a relieve . Next time I will put the bike on its side . (Yep drained all the oils ) . Bought the bike a couple of weeks ago "as is" . The plan is to get it roadworthy again . Cheers /

G

·
Hiya - welcome to the forum! only joined myself recently too... I bought an "as is" / "as found" myself in April, spent a great deal of time & cash, but it's worth the effort , found the dommy a real fun bike - check out the dommy gallery.. "91 nx650 rebuild" for the pictures. wasn't that brave to strip the engine yet it ran when I got it so I hoped to keep it that way other than a standard service..:toothy2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts