Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the rings on my Dommi. The cylinder did not look worn. I was doing 130 km/h and noticed oil coming out at the top of the petrol cap. I slowed down to 100km/h and it stopped. The little reservoir in the breathing system had quite a bit of oil in it. Last year during a severe thunderstorm I got water in the crankcase down the breather pipe. Is there a valve on the pipe? Any ideas for these issues?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just replaced the rings on my Dommi. The cylinder did not look worn. I was doing 130 km/h and noticed oil coming out at the top of the petrol cap. I slowed down to 100km/h and it stopped. The little reservoir in the breathing system had quite a bit of oil in it. Last year during a severe thunderstorm I got water in the crankcase down the breather pipe. Is there a valve on the pipe? Any ideas for these issues?
Sorry ...did you say oil out of the petrol cap ?:confused:

how is it getting to the petrol cap ?

do you mean the breather cannister is full of oil ?

did you over fill it with oil ?...either that or your engine now has back pressure what rings did you put in it ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The breather pipe comes up to the petrol cap through the tank.
Yes oil in the breather cannister. (did not know the name)
The rings are not original Honda, but they fitted well. (very hard to find original anything here in Senegal)
Quite sure I did not overfill it with oil

·
Registered
140 Posts
The breather pipe comes up to the petrol cap through the tank.
Yes oil in the breather cannister. (did not know the name)
The rings are not original Honda, but they fitted well. (very hard to find original anything here in Senegal)
Quite sure I did not overfill it with oil

sounds like back pressure

maybe those rings didnt fit aswell as you thought and the compression is escaping down the sides of the poiston and causing your engine to spit out its oil

anyone else have any ideas as to why this is occuring ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts