Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads i have a fmx and ther seems to be a petrol/oil leak comin from the spark plug or near the plug i have tightend the spark plug but i dont wanna do it too tight can any body shed any light on this for me?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It runs spot on. Iv only done around 20 mile i havent got the bike on the road yet just been usin it on private land

·
Registered
695 Posts
Check there isn't a crack running up the side of threads where the plug screws in (seen it before). Otherwise maybe the cam cap needs resealing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah ok mate will i need to take the engine out to get a good look? How do i reseal the can cover if need be? Cheers

·
Registered
695 Posts
No, you can get the cam cap off with the engine in the frame. But and this is a big but, it's often an utter sh*t getting the 8mm headed bolts out at the front without snapping them off. There are 4 along the front that get crap sprayed over them from the front wheel and there's a long one on the right with a 10mm head that goes through the head and into the barrel. These bolts appear to be made of cheddar.
Might be worth getting in there with the "Gunk" and clean all the oil off, then you should be able to pinpoint where the oil is coming from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts