Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rebuilt a dominator oil pump?
I have 2 pumps neither one works.
Is it a worthwhile to buy the new inserts?
I have been looking for a replacement oil pump but after wasting more money
On a second hand pump, I think either a new pump or new inserts is the way to go
Your advise on this will be appreciated

·
Registered
942 Posts
I rebuilt my oil pump with new rotors after it had failed resulting in a wrecked cam and followers,
the rebuilt pump lasted a couple of years before that too failed and wrecked the 2 year old cam and followers :sad2:
bought a new pump for the 2nd rebuild and been faultless for last 5 years,
my guess is the body of the pump wears as well as the rotors so fitting new rotors is only addressing half of the problem,
my advice would be to get a complete new pump

Love Mott the Hoople , went to see them at Birmingham symphony hall a few years back on their reunion tour, great night out :thumbright:
seen Ian Hunter a few times too, he always put on a good show , probably 20 years since last time i saw him , years are flying by

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nick as always thanks for the reply.
I am looking to buy a new pump complete however not having a lot of luck
David silver bowlers cms non available

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I think the oil pump for the XR650L is the same check to be sure its definitely the same engine:thumb:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi, recently bought a new pump from Partzilla in the States, for the Honda XR650L. My engine is an RD02 and I had to make a small spacer to make it fit (3.5mm gap to make up on the feed to the filter/head). Was pretty straight forward so long as you have a friend with a small lathe.
Also, you'll need to grind a small section on the body as well.
Id' be happy to explain verbally (much easier than typing), send me a PM if you like.
Partzilla is half the price of the UK, I bought pump, cam and followers following a holiday disaster with the oil flow.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2000/xr650l-a/camshaft

·
Registered
742 Posts
XR650L oil pump is a much better design and quality than the NX650 version.
Worth buying in the US and importing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts