Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,

Just to let you know this is a business post and has been done with the authority and blessing of the Web Administrator Dave who I have kept in contact with throughout the process. I have also paid my £12 subscription prior to posting.

www.onboardbikecameras.co.uk

Is the place to rent your equipment for all your on bike filming needs. If you've ever wanted to film from your bike, a motorcross event, expedition, holiday or just for fun our equipment is right for you.it's never been easier or more practical. Also excellent for filming club meets regional/national/international.

The world has changed to a place dominated by media and filming is the new photography. Luckily for motorcyclist on board bike cameras ltd is making it possible....

You'll be renting top qaulity equipment filming in broadcast quality footage, its rugged, easy to fit, easy to use and gets excellent results every time. Please look online for demo footage.

I've got alot of experience riding and filming covering some 30' 000 miles in Europe on my ST1100 Pan European.

I've travelled from the Atlantic coast of Ireland to the borders of Romania and the Ukraine visiting almost every country imbetween, so we've got a lot in common I know XRV riders like to go longer and harder.

My CV includes, BMW Brighton, Yamaha at Nurberg, Jaguar XK classic owners club.

We also offer a post filming DVD editing and DVD burning service if you don't fancy putting the footage together yourself.

At www.onboardbikecameras.co.uk I would like to build a dedicated page for XRV owners please send me your fav pics and information on these machines and anything you think is relevant and I'll use what I can to put together a great page for you. I'm contactable on [email protected] or 0770 102 0614.

If your at a lose end some Sunday mornings please come along and join myself and some of the staff at BMW Chandlers of Brightons new Sunday morning rideouts were picking some of the best routes in/around Sussex and each trip will compromise a start at the Dealership and then we head out.

Tomorrow the 21st March 2010 is the first one, please be at the dealership at 0930 for 1030 set off it's a great route from Brighton into Kent culminating in the stunning village of Chiddingstone at the tea rooms with Hever Castle only 2mins away for an after ride peruse. Please see web-site for route and contact info.

Are we welcome? Yes of course you are, for anybody, any ability, any bike.

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK FOR SOME OF THE STILL PHOTOS: STUNNING SUNSETS photo gallery - a photo gallery powered by Photobox

Demonstrators are available please ring the dealership to arrange.

Best Regards

Matthew. Proprietor

Thanks for letting me post and I look forward to working with one and all. See you at the ride out.Ride Safe......Filmings better

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Thanks for your interest, regarding info on the web-site, the general feedback I had from people was quite difficult to process. for example some people would ring up and say " I just want a camera doesn't matter what it does " others when I tried to be more specific were horrified at the detail spec sheet and then didn't follow up that enquiry.

I'm still trying to find a medium....have you any suggestions, what specifics would you like to see?

You've got a great idea there re the charity ride, unfortunately due to prior commitments (im supporting my wife on her aim to ride around the world late may-late june. I wouldn't be able to attend.

I've checked my and all my units are they're all preliminary hired for that weekend. were really busy at this time of year.

However I'd like to support you, how about if I have a cancellation or I purchase another unit to hire. I supply it free to one of the riders as my donation to the charity all ask is its noted somewhere I supplied the equipment and if you send it back to me I'll burn a DVD for you aswell, do you think thats acceptable I should now hopefully by maybe mid april?

Right regarding hire, the equipment I have is a solid state recorder and bullet camera system, runs on 4 aa batteries (rechargeable) supplied + charger, records to 2GB SD cards = 102 mins filming.

Shock proof, water,dust proof. Ideal for harsh motorsport.

Full colour + sound external mic for engine note or in helmet mic for narration.Broadcast quality = 700x 420 pixels. standard tv is roughly 750 X 550 pixels.

Wireless remote, 30fps, excellent bit rate for later viewing.

A simple package with one camera starts from £63 with club discount and that moves up to around £150 for more complicated package entirely dependant on riders needs/wants.

Ps you might have seen im trying to build a dedicated honda XRV page on my site have you got any material for me to use. It would be very welcome!

Best Regards
Matthew
http://www.onboardbikecameras.co.uk

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Hi Matthew I can't see any info on hiring gear on your web site ? Also how would feel about coming along on www.thelongestday.org.uk and filming the ride in aid of Help for Heroes ?
I have one of these cameras and would happily lend it if someone wants to film TLD. I also have some bike mountable handheld cameras and Ram mounts..

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
However I'd like to support you, how about if I have a cancellation or I purchase another unit to hire. I supply it free to one of the riders as my donation to the charity all ask is its noted somewhere I supplied the equipment and if you send it back to me I'll burn a DVD for you aswell, do you think thats acceptable I should now hopefully by maybe mid april?
Hi Matthew That is a very generous offer and thank you, I am sure we can get a link added to the the longest day web site, I will send you a email via your site to discuss further. Cheers GOG

And Whealie thank you too !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts