Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice is downright daft.

OK so I've been out for a run on the old Beemer and I return to a packed garage with four biles already there with my lads f650 blocking the door so I set about moving it forward a bit to free up the space at the door. Rolled it off the mainstand, forward a bit then back on the mainstand. As I walked away I looked back and the bike was on it's side on top of the XR400. Dammit. Picked it up and back on the main stand and give it a shake and all it well.

Now I go outside back on the old Beemer and drive into the garage and just tap the back wheel of the lads bike and down it goes again this time getting all tangled up in the XRs speedo drive. Ended up having to get the missus out the the house to give me a hand.

Oh the joys of telling him when he wakes up (He's not that lazy he's on shifts)

I know I've bust a mirror on his bike but I better have a good look and wee what else I've done. This could be an expensive run.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Did any painwork suffer? Are you sure you are not just trying to drum up work for That new buisness up your way? "Paint by Boris"

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did any painwork suffer? Are you sure you are not just trying to drum up work for That new buisness up your way? "Paint by Boris"
It appears not. Well in truth I wouldn't know for the XR and in reality I wouldn't care. That bike is works for a living and falls over with alarming regularity. The lads f650 seems to have got away with only a bent mirror (which I've since heated up and bent straight) and apart from that I can't find a thing. I'm not saying there's nothing there as the bike is filthy and he needs a good foot up the arse for than and also when I took it out for a run the front end was all over the place. Turns out both tyres were well down pressure wise.

Kids pah!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the f650's stand a bit precarious ? Surely the bike shouldn't fall with a gentle nudge ....;)
Yes there must be something up with it. I had a quick look while it was up on the ramp and it was sitting at the correct angle but it's far to easy to move off the stand but I'll need a helper to take it on and off the stand while I watch. I suspect wear in the bushes.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
...I know I've bust a mirror on his bike but I better have a good look and wee what else I've done...

Better not, I'd have thought....:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Gordon the f650 stand if any thing like the f800 is sheit unless its locked in correctly Sharrie knows this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts