Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the letter we were waiting for :thumbup:

My daughter's got into her/our first preference secondary school - phew.

Only she and 5 others did from her primary school as the school we wanted is 'technically' outside of our catchment area - so we're all pretty much well pleased in the alpslappers tonight.

God where does the time go :confused:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
well done it nice to win a battle of that kind:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

as for the time issue:confused:buggerd if i know:confused::D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Tell you from where i am at the moment,time is not flying,time is at WARP SPEED:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Waiting to become a Grand Dad:rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:cool:D:D:D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Tell you from where i am at the moment,time is not flying,time is at WARP SPEED:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Waiting to become a Grand Dad:rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:cool:D:D:D
**** me when she gonna drop im gasping for that beer:D:D:D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Got the letter we were waiting for :thumbup:

My daughter's got into her/our first preference secondary school - phew.

Only she and 5 others did from her primary school as the school we wanted is 'technically' outside of our catchment area - so we're all pretty much well pleased in the alpslappers tonight.

God where does the time go :confused:
We were successful with our son two years ago, but then we chose the multiracial sink school none of the other white middle class mums were interested in. We looked, liked what we saw, talked to the staff and talked to the kids. It was an exciting time. This year they beat all but two (selective) schools in the borough in terms of results (results are not everything).
Main thing is he loves it (I spent three hours there this afternoon helping with a journalism project - not my son's year).
There is a five year reputation lag in schools. A good school can go bad for five years before parents start to choose another school and a bad school has to have five years of better results before parents start choosing it. (So if Mudwiz gets made head, he has five years to cock it up and still put it right).
Oh and the biggest difference to a child's education is supportive parents. You will find that the best performing schools have the most supportive parents. Most entrance exams test how much the parents have coached their kids, not how clever the kids are.
Rant over, goodnight.
Happy for you Alpslapper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts