Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a RD07, completely original and in good shape, only some minor cosmetic issues.

I found and bought an USD forks & the respective triple clamps from a 950 Adventure. I see a guy that kept the same wheel, discs, speedometer, in summary only swapped the forks and the triple clamps.
Basically, I want to do the same job.

He refers as well that he need to rise the rear shock by 5 cm. At a first glance it looks to much.

Anyone had a similar experience?

What solutions can we have?

If I want to upgrade the rear suspension, what do you suggest me? (ohlins, nitrom,...)

Thanks for all.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lee,

And regarding the rear shock, any tip or something that I should have in mind?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
To keep the original Honda wheel, you'll also need to machine the long wheel bolt.

BTW I am pretty sure that if you sat an hour in front of a computer and googled the subject, you would find all the relevant information as it is a well known swap. ;-)

Try that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCL_nZ7Pw_k

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum Tuga
Thanks Paul

I already checked your post, it's very interesting and describes with accuracy all the work done.

I'm looking for the R1, I believe it is enough to me. I believe that it will be much better then the original one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, this is the one. In this video he mentions that he needs to extend 5 cm the shock to match with the front height thanks to WP48.

it makes sense to you?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm in the (slow) process of collecting pieces to do the same. I've already got a height adjustable rear shock from Nitron which is brilliant. I don't want to increase height much but sliding fork legs through the yokes allows for a bit of adjustment at the front. If you keep the AT front wheel and brakes you'll have to make an axle and new spacers, plus make some adaptors for the brakes and change brake lines (unless you already have) as the originals won't work with USD forks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello All,

I'm in the slow process of collecting all the parts needed to fit the WP48 from the KTM 950 Adventure.

But I have a doubt for the moment, maybe looks silly, but is relevant in the normal day of commuting and parking wherever I can fit the bike.
With the top clamp, I can install the key switch and still have the steering lock working properly?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have EXC 300 forks in mine with uprated springs - single front disc.

They are about 50mm longer so rear should be adjusted to match. Careful with dropping the forks too far through as you may have clearance issues at full travel...

Nitron race shock is a great piece of kit too. I had mine built a little longer to give the desired ride height change, but leaving adjustment both ways. I have since dropped the rear ride height a little to slow the steering down a fraction and to get my feet down a little more comfortably in very technical off road sections. I am 6'1" so unless you are similar, the conversion could cause you issues.

My side stand was lengthened by 100mm and it's spot on

Just my 2p...

Slidey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts