Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the wearing down exercise has worked and I have approval to find a bike. Only need to sell the Dakar now, which incidentally now has a problem with the damping on the rear suspension - I'm hoping it'll be covered under warranty despite it having run out, just waiting for the dealer to let me know.

Maybe I'm just unlucky - but I seem to have had too much upset/headache with this bike. Funny, first non Jap bike out of a total of 10 and the one I've had most trouble with.

I've read a lot of road tests about the @ and they range from 10/10 to didn't like it. I'm sure I will like it and will try to arrange a test ride on a second hander somewhere just to make sure. One question though, the Dakar has a seat height of 870mm against the @s 860mm, so I guess I should be okay with the height, but was wondering how easy it is to manhandle in traffic and at slow speed. The Dakar isn't too top heavy as the tank is actually under the seat. Be interested to know what you think - I'm pretty light (10 stone) and stand 5.10ish in my stockings.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Brill.

the AT is light on its feet, I am 17St and with a full tank the bike is ok,

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I endure the London traffic through Brixton every morning and the AT handles like a scooter even with a full tank. I am a-round 13 stone and 5.11 with no probs even with the missus on the back. The turning circle is amazingly short on the AT and easy to do that quick u-turn in a narrow road.

Compared to my previous GS's it is a lightweight and well balanced bike.

Hope you find a nice one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts