Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just junked my Trailwings at 5000 miles after a rear tyre puncture. Not sorry to see them go - probably the worst tyres I've ever had on a bike. Tried to get a pair of Conti Trial Attacks which I run on my R1200GS but couldn't find any. Settled on Battlewings instead - £200 fitted to wheels inc new inner tube at rear. What a transformation! They're far smoother, stick to the road without wandering around on white lines and dampen vibes from the front end. Nice deep 9mm tread on rear should last a while and shed plenty of water too. Would recommend others do the same - if your Trialwings are part worn let 'em go and enjoy the new handling experience. Why don't Honda fit 'em as standard?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I went for Anakee2's last weekend and they too are a great improvement. Not sure what they will be like on the trail, but as I am looking at lots of motorways over the next few months I thought I should get something appropriate.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Why don't Honda fit 'em as standard?
because theres a warehouse the size of berkshire full of them somewhere, they wear out or get thrown away quickly and replaced with better battlewings and honda own part/most/all of bridgestone?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I found a big black rubber band worked better than DeathWings!

You just dont realise how bad they are until you try something else...I bought my first Alp700 in the summer, like many people, and they work fine in sunny dry roads but as soon as the winter came I thought something was up...all over the place and completely lost confidence. Following summer I switched for BT45s as I only wanted to do road miles...WOW.

Even in the rain and the next winter after 5k miles, they worked better than the DeathWings.

Trying Dunlop Trailmax at the mo...nice, sticky, as good as BT45 but with style of a trail tyre.....yet not a trail tyre (not as bad as BT45s on the loose though). Mileage is currently going well adn they warm up suprosingly quick even in the winter.

Lesson - DUMP DEATHWINGS ASAP! Buy a tin of gloss for better performance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts